TravAct: Community Employment Supervisor
JOB SPECIFICATION FOR CE SUPERVISOR
NORTHSIDE TRAVELLERS SUPPORT GROUP (T/A TRAVACT)
The Northside Traveller Support Group was incorporated under the Companies Act in February 1988 with the Trading Name of TravAct. It started as a small group of community minded individuals, from both the Traveller and the Settled Communities, and has grown over the years to encompass six different projects funded by the HSE, CDYSB, DCEDIY, the DEASP and the Darndale-Belcamp Initiative. TravAct prides itself for the very high quality of services being delivered to the local community for over 32 years.
TravAct is a member of the Irish Traveller Movement and the Irish National Traveller Partnership, apart from the Wheel, NALA and Community Work Ireland (CWI). Travact has now initiated the process of recruiting an experienced Full-time Community Employment Supervisor to fill the existing vacancy.
COMMUNITY EMPLOYMENT SUPERVISOR - JOB SPECIFICATION
[Terms and conditions of employment of Supervisors will be as outlined in the CE Procedures Manual]
Job Title: Supervisor – TravAct Community Employment Scheme
Reporting to: Manager TravAct and TravAct CE Sub-Committee
Function: To ensure the effective and efficient management and co-ordination of the human, financial and material resources of the TravAct CE Scheme and report to the Manager TravAct and the CE Sub-Committee on its implementation. A core aspect of the role is to support and coach CE participants towards gaining the skills, competencies and qualifications in preparation for employment.
Key Result Areas:
- Ensure the provision of an efficient financial and accounting system in line with CE & TravAct corporate governance requirements
- Ensure that financial returns i.e. wages claims, materials claims, and participant development grant claims meet the standard as laid down by Welfare Partners.
- Ensure implementation of systems controlling the operation of all finances as directed by the TravAct CE Sub-Committee. Ensure prompt and accurate payment of participant allowances.
- Ensure the security of cash/equipment on TravAct CE Scheme. Install and manage effective time keeping record system for participants on TravAct CE Scheme
- Liaise with the local Department Officials as req uired.
- Organise and ensure holding of TravAct CE Sub-Committee Meetings every month.
Training & Development Provision
- Carry out an identification of learner needs with individual participants as required, as part of the Individual Learner Plan (ILP) process.
- Identify needs and source and co-ordinate cost effective training/development opportunities in line with Department procurement guidelines.
- Prepare an Individual Learning Plan (!LP) for each Participant and enter on Welfare Partners in accordance with CE Procedures.
- Ensure access to recognised qualifications for participants, with a focus on the achievement of relevant qualifications including Major Awards on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) or industry related standards.
- Plan and procure relevant training opportunities which have been approved by the Department.
- Maintain and update training records for each pa1ticipant on the project on Welfare
Partners as part of their Individual Learner Plans.
- Plan and organise work placements - internal and external as required.
- Monitor and review training inputs with the participants.
- Report on ILP developments regularly to TravAct CE Sub-Committee.
- Liaise with local and other employers and maintain an updated register of employers for CE Participants in consultation with the TravAct CE Sub-Committee.
- Co-ordinate the recruitment of CE applicants in accordance with the Department's CE recruitment and referral processes.
- Plan and co-ordinate the approved work schedules and ensure annual contracts of employment are in place for all participants.
- Communicate effectively with all participants on the scheme using team meetings and individual formal and informal 'one-to-one' meetings.
- Develop a mutual understanding with participants in relation to their needs for re-entry to work where the participant had been long-term unemployed and needs to develop a clear progression path.
- Implement job search activities with participants while developing an exit plan with each participant.
- Liaise with employers to promote progression to work and work with other support organisations as needed.
- Follow-up and report on participants for up to 4 months on exit from CE.
- Manage staff resources as required.
- Engage in training and development as required.
- Provide a safe and healthy environment for participants - both in terms of facilities and work practices.
- Ensure work placements on TravAct CE Scheme are in line with CE contracts.
- Supervise, schedule and manage participants.
- Fully participate in training and development opportunities provided by TravAct and by the Department as required for the post.
- Carry out all functions relevant to the position of CE Supervisor as indicated by TravAct.
Financial Monitoring and Programme and Training Monitoring
- Ensure the CE scheme is compliant with all ‘financial monitoring’ and ‘programme and training monitoring’ requirements as detailed in the CE Operating Procedures.
- Co-operate with the conduct of Departmental monitoring visits.
Progression of CE Participants
- Conduct exit Planning
- Carry out intensive Job Search activities as part of exit planning
- Maintain evidence of engagement with local Employers
- Maintain an up to date database of Employers
Special work requirements- other than CE Scheme work
As part of teamwork in conjunction with the other 5 Projects forming part of TravAct you are required to participate in the following activities in addition to the work with the CE Scheme:
- Coordinate and work with the TravAct Youth Project when required to participate in and support the youth work activities which will involve working with persons below 18 years of age, on and off-site.
- Coordinate and work with the other TravAct Projects when required to participate in and support their specific work activities.
- Participate in the centrally organised activities like training, team-building, facilities management, social activities and so on within TravAct.
COMMUNITY EMPLOYMENT SUPERVISOR - PERSONAL SPECIFICATIONS
Job Title: Supervisor - Community Employment
Reporting to: The Manager TravAct and the CE Sub-Committee
- Knowledge of Post
Have a thorough understanding of the role of the CE Supervisor as it pertains to project management and programme delivery. Persons with prior experience of CE Scheme management would be preferred.
- Work Experience
Previous supervisory and people management experience relevant to post (3 years minimum).
Previous experience in Administration, Project Management and/or Training or other relevant positions.
- Interpersonal Skills
Effective communication skills.
Competent report writing skills.
Experience of working with vulnerable individuals and job-seekers.
Capable of directing, motivating, coaching and mentoring jobseekers.
Ability to work under the direction of the Manager TravAct and the CE Sub-Committee for the effective implementation of the CE Programme in line with the CE Operational Procedures.
Major Award at 3rd Level of NFQ Level 6 or higher, preferably in Business/Financial Administration, Training, Human Resources, Project Management.
IT skills essential (e.g. MS Office, Word, Excel, Power Point).
Knowledge of and empathy with the Traveller Culture and previous experience of working with the Traveller Community would be treated as an asset.
Terms and Conditions:
Hours of work: 39 hours per week
Duration of Contract: Initial fixed term contract for one year subject to funding – probation period 9 months-likely to be made permanent
Salary: In line with Point 1 of the DEASP scales for this position
Please send the following by post only (email submissions will not be considered):
- Three copies of CVs
- Three copies of a detailed cover letter detailing your qualifications and experience, your interest in working within a Traveller-specific Community Development Organisation and detailing why you feel you are suitable for this job
- Names and contact details (designations, postal addresses, tele Nos and email addresses) of two referees
- Please post the above to the following address:
Northside Travellers Support group (T/A TravAct)
TravAct Outreach Centre, Clonshaugh Drive
- Shortlisting will apply and shortlisted candidates may be invited for a second round of interviews.
Closing date: Completed applications must be received by 15 Apr 2021
No late applications will be accepted. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Interviews will be held within three weeks after the deadline for applications and candidates selected for interview will be notified by via email.
For further information please contact Reception Desk on Telephone 01 848 6515