Daughters of Charity Community Services: Finance Administrator
The Daughters of Charity Community Services (DoCCS), located at 8-9 Henrietta Street, Dublin 1, is a community-based organisation providing a range of educational, training and social care services for children, young people and adults living in Dublin’s North Inner City. Our services are targeted to individuals and families experiencing socio-economic and educational disadvantage.
This role is normally recruited through the CE Scheme however as recruitment to the CE Scheme is unpredictable, we are offering a short term contract until the role is recruited into through the CE Scheme.
The Financial Administrator role:
Contract: Part-time specified purpose contract: To cover period of recruitment of Finance Administrator on CE Scheme
Working hours: 1.5 to 2 days
Reporting to: Finance Manager or Director of Services in their absence
Hourly rate: €17.50
- Processing of Weekly payrolls through SAGE Payroll, ensuring all updates/changes are processes, including preparation of reports, posting journals to SAGE Accounts to apportion costs across programmes
- Managing the organisation’s online banking process and bank accounts,
- Managing creditors Ledger, ensuring accurate recording of expenditure against cost headings and Programme Budgets, and apportionment of Shared Costs across programmes, and posting of journals to nominal ledger as appropriate
- Ensuring timely and accurate processing of Creditors invoices and generating payment runs through EFT
- Preparation of Returns to Revenue, and ensuring timely payment of same
- Preparation of monthly Bank Reconciliations for multiple Bank Accounts, including posting of receipts and other non creditor transactions to SAGE nominal ledger
- Reconciliation of Company Credit Card and preparation of any recharge costs with oversight of the Finance Manager in line with Finance Procedures
- Monthly reconciliation of Petty Cash for all services
- Maintenance of accurate Finance records to support Financial reporting
- Ensuring adherence to the Organisations Internal Financial controls with regard to purchasing, and authorisation of expenditure
- Ordering and maintaining Voucher levels
- Assisting with all aspects of accounting functions and processes of the DoCCS.
- Assisting the Finance Manager financial returns of income and expenditure for cost centres and funding agencies as required, as well as organisation’s Management Accounts
- Assisting with the annual financial audit of the organisation
- Working with Service Managers with regard to technical support on financial accounting matters to ensure the smooth and effective running of the organisation.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Finance Manager or CEO from time
- Bookkeeping qualification or significant relevant experience,
- Excellent working knowledge of SAGE and Excel Strong analytical and technical skills,
- Payroll Experience,
- Strong financial controls ethos,
- Experience of working as part of a team,
- Excellent communicator,
- Finance administration experience, preferably in the not-for-profit sector and an understanding of SORP accounting would be a distinct advantage.
Please complete the attached application form and submit by email: to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post: to Louise Mullins, HR Manager, Daughters of Charity Community Services, 9 Henrietta Street, Dublin 1. For further details contact Louise on 01 – 8874122. Please note: CVs will not be accepted.
Candidates for the post will be interviewed as applications are received due to the urgency to fill this role therefore the organisation reserves the right to close recruitment to the position as soon as the post is filled.
The Daughters of Charity Community Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer