Meath Travellers Workshop: Finance and Administration Officer
FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
Job title: Finance and Administration Officer
Job summary: To manage all company accounts of Navan Travellers Workshop CLG trading as Meath Travellers Workshop (MTW) by providing a detailed breakdown of income, expenditure and liabilities to the Manager of MTW and to prepare the annual audit in conjunction with the MTW company auditor.
Responsible to: The Manager, Meath Travellers Workshops
Management of company accounts:
- To manage all company accounts of Meath Travellers Workshops and provide a detailed income, expenditure and liabilities summary to the Manager monthly and when requested.
- Assists with preparation and monitoring of annual comprehensive budgets and all financial reports for Board/Executive and/or funding agencies.
- Implements financial policies and procedures as directed by the Board of MTW.
- Participates in the development of budget proposals.
- Assists in the financial audits.
- Maintains appropriate filing of financial records, and ensures proper backup of all files.
- Provides advice and recommendations on financial procedures and practices, as required.
Banking and money handling:
- Prepares all bank deposits.
- Performs all bank account reconciliations on a weekly basis and when needed, communicates with the bank to understand and reconcile any discrepancies.
- Reconciles cash advances for specific activities once completed.
- Monitor, manage and reconcile petty cash.
- Provides financial reports and statements to MTW funders in line with contractual requirements.
- Prepares financial reports to the Board of MTW in line with company reporting policy.
- Prepare and organise Board and Management Meetings
- Submit monthly and quarterly financial returns to all appropriate funders e.g.
- Prison Links
- Rethink Ireland
- National Traveller Partnership (Dept Justice)
- Meath County Council
Wages and Revenue:
- Process wages for MTW employees monthly using computerised payroll package
- Issue payslips via email to each employee
- Organise bank transfers for the net wage payment for each employee
- Submit monthly liability to the Collector General
- Liaise with the Collector General when required
CE Accounts: To oversee the maintenance of CE accounts and ensure, in conjunction with the CE Supervisor, that all monies have been drawn down and accounts are in order.
Annual audit: To prepare the company accounts for the annual audit and to assist and work with the company auditor to ensure this is completed.
Manager and Administrator: To work closely with MTW Administrator and Manager to ensure financial systems are in order and reporting requirements are fulfilled for the Company’s Projects e.g.
- Project Costings/Budgets
Coaching: From time to time and when requested to do so by the Manager, to provide coaching to selected CE staff on basic bookkeeping and financial management skills.
- Pension payments and administration
- Project involvement e.g. Christmas/Halloween/Themes/Events
- Annual Archiving
- IT Support
- Procurement (e.g. energy suppliers, Insurance, audit etc.)
- Trips to post office/bank/adhoc purchases
The location for this position is Meath Travellers Workshop, CYWS Hall, Fairgreen, Navan, Co Meath.
Salary is €19,103.84 based on 25 Hours Weekly.
Closing date is 09/03/2021
Cv’s to be emailed to Michael McDonagh @ email@example.com