Muiríosa Foundation: Support Workers - Kildare Community Services
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Valuing life, helping people build meaningful lifestyles.
We are seeking to recruit to the following position:
KILDARE COMMUNITY SERVICES
Fixed Term up to December 2021
28 & 60 hours Per Fortnight Contract
Please quote the following Reference on your application/email: SKBC061B
We are seeking enthusiastic, energetic and creative support workers to provide a day/evening programme for two individuals with an Intellectual Disability.
The positions will involve planning and implementing an educational, recreational and Social Programme to develop a meaningful role within their local community. The individual’s personal interests include art, a love of nature, photography, computers, beauty, wellness, football, hurling and a keen interest in comics and marvel characters.
- A FETAC/ QQI Level 5 (Major Award) in Healthcare or equivalent (e.g. Health Service Skills, Healthcare Support) is required.
- Full Driving license is essential.
- The ideal candidate must have a very positive attitude, energetic, have the ability to be creative and innovative and have experience working with individuals with an intellectual disability.
- Skills to facilitate and implement a Person Centred Approach which is meaningful and connected.
- Excellent Communication and IT skills.
- It is an advantage to have knowledge and experience of community resources.
- Experience in alternative communication.
- The successful candidate is required to be flexible to work day and evening support shifts.
Informal enquiries to: Ann Quinn 087 292 9280 (office hours)
To apply: Please complete an Application Form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are available at www.muiriosa.ie, in addition please submit a copy of your qualification (submit documents by email to the Recruitment Officer as per the last page of the application)
(Due to the current Covid-19 Pandemic and Level 5 Restrictions in place interviews may be carried out using the Microsoft Teams App)
If you are unable to download an application form please telephone 045 532249 during office hours.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications: Tuesday 2nd March 2021
Provisional Interview Date: Monday 8th March 2021
Please note that for each position a panel may be formed.
The Muiríosa Foundation is an equal opportunities employer.