Muiríosa Foundation: Support Worker (Dementia Specific Service) - Kildare Community Services
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Valuing life, helping people build meaningful lifestyles.
We are seeking to recruit to the following position:
SUPPORT WORKER - Dementia Specific Service
KILDARE COMMUNITY SERVICES
Fixed Term up to December 2021
54 Hours Per Fortnight Contract
Please quote the following Reference on your application/email: SKBC061A
Informal enquiries to: Pamela Murphy 087 173 7672 (office hours)
We are recruiting a staff for a dementia specific residential service. Dementia is a progressive condition, and we are looking for someone who is caring, empathetic and enthusiastic, to support four ladies who are on this journey within their home, and their community.
As a new staff member you will be joining an established, committed and dedicated team who work to enrich each ladies’ life supporting activities of daily living within the home, maintaining meaningful relationships with their families and within the local community.
For the person with dementia remembering the past is as important as living every day to its fullest. Your support will include helping the ladies to maintain important skills, working in a failure free, low arousal environment. Staff work to create a homely environment where the focus is on enjoying every day activities, having a good quality of life and valued interactions. We are looking to recruit an individual that is energetic, compassionate, empathetic and shows great patience. The role will involve supporting personal care, supporting domestic and leisure activities, using life stories, music, and social and family connections to enhance each person’s life.
This opportunity may be of interest to those who have experience of and enjoy working with older adults with intellectual disability and dementia.
- A FETAC/ QQI Level 5 (Major Award) in Healthcare or equivalent (e.g. Health Service Skills, Healthcare Support) is required.
- Full Driving license is essential.
- The successful candidate will have a very positive attitude; they will be required to lead and facilitate activities including singing, dancing to motivate and support each individual
- The candidate would be expected to proactively assist each individual who may experience the impact of behavior and psychological symptoms of dementia.
- The ideal candidate will have an interest in Dementia and will receive supervision and support from the person in charge and the wider Dementia Team (Occupational Therapy, Clinical nurse Specialist/ advanced Nurse Practitioner/ Behaviour Therapist).
Desirable qualities and attributes:
- An interest in promoting positive well-being and aging in place with dignity.
- Creativity and Commitment and empathy to improving quality of life and end of life care.
- Have experience working with and or, supporting someone ageing with intellectual disability.
To apply: Please complete an Application Form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are available at www.muiriosa.ie, in addition please submit a copy of your qualification (submit documents by email to the Recruitment Officer as per the last page of the application)
(Due to the current Covid-19 Pandemic and Level 5 Restrictions in place interviews may be carried out using the Microsoft Teams App)
If you are unable to download an application form please telephone 045 532249 during office hours.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications: Tuesday 2nd March 2021
Provisional Interview Date: Monday 8th March 2021
Please note that for each position a panel may be formed.
The Muiríosa Foundation is an equal opportunities employer.