Aspire - The Asperger Syndrome Association of Ireland: Provider Representative (Residential Unit)
Provider Representative (Residential Unit)
Temporary Role – Monday to Friday 39 hours per week
Are you an experienced Provider Representative in the Disability Sector, experienced in effective Residential Centre operations to deliver a safe service, appropriate to resident’s needs, support, care and welfare?
We are looking for a highly self-motivated and passionate Provider Representative, to not only ensure the quality and safety of service delivery in line with regulations and annual statement of purpose, but to consistently show up as an authentic leader, driving an engaging and caring work environment for everyone.
- Creation of Annual Statement of Purpose for Residents and their representatives
- Provide positive behaviour support, including where required implementing therapeutic interventions as part of the personal planning process.
- Creation and adoption of policies, procedures, individual assessments and personal plans to meet the needs of Residents.
- Ensuring complaints management procedure and restrictive procedures are in line with national policy and evidence based practice.
- Ensure each resident is assisted & supported to develop knowledge, self-awareness and understanding & skills needed for self care and protection – protecting residents from all forms of abuse (or suspicion of abuse) in line with national guidance
- Provide Residents with appropriate care and support in line with evidenced practice, and ensure Residents’ wishes, privacy and dignity are respected - consulting and communicating with Residents at all times to exercise their rights, freedoms and access to advocacy services, facilities for occupation, accessibility, and recreation based on their unique needs
- Appoint PIC and appropriate Social Care Workers across the centre with appropriate qualifications in health/social care, appropriate to needs of residents and centre and ensure effective delivery of care and support inline with statement of purpose
- Ensure the centre is laid out effectively to support the service and Residents including appropriate equipment and facilities which are maintained and serviced regularly to support and promote full capabilities and independence of Residents
- Annual review of quality, safety and risk in line with standards and regulations. Ensuring statutory training is provided for annually.
- Ensure records and reports are maintained/available for inspectors and Resident representatives.
- Compliance with all relevant standards and regulations including unannounced visits to the centre, risk management, hazard identification and assessment, infection prevention and control, fire prevention, fire related training and drills, and risk control
- Relevant professional qualification to degree level, with at least 2 years’ experience as a Provider Representative in the Disability Sector
- Solid understanding of HIQA requirements with excellent knowledge of all relevant regulations and legislation surrounding risk, health and safety, fire prevention, statutory training, and Resident care
- A strong communicator (written and oral) with effective problem solving skills
- Passionate about supporting the ASD community and our Residents through the provision of excellent care and support in line with evidenced practice that respects the Resident’s wishes, privacy and dignity at all times.
- Authentic Leadership style, passionate about driving a culture and work environment that promotes employee engagement, diversity and well-being
Aspire is proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you require further information in relation to our Recruitment and Selection process, please contact us for further discussion.
Please email email@example.com.