The Salvation Army – Greencastle Parade Family Hub: Assistant Support Worker (Part-Time)
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Assistant Support Worker
Greencastle Parade Family Hub
Salary: €12.70 per hour
Working Hours: 20 hours per week, includes evenings & weekends
Job Summary: Providing life changing support to vulnerable residents in the Salvation Army’s new 28 unit Homeless Centre in Coolock, Dublin. Helping homeless families secure a permanent residence through the established HAP process, you will provide a vital role in changing the lives of those most in need.
Key Responsibilities: Working on days you will partner with Support Workers to address clients’ needs, enabling them to make positive life choices and ultimately empower them in securing permanent accommodation. You will also complete day to day activities including administration tasks and reception duties to support the successful operation of the Centre.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate: Motivation towards supporting vulnerable clients to achieve focused and positive life outcomes. You will also be able to demonstrate good customer service and time management skills with the ability to prioritise workload.
Specific tasks of the role:
- Admitting new families in to the service, completing all essential paperwork and documenting accordingly. Inducting families in to the service.
- Supporting families with identified needs (i.e.) education, employment, mental/physical health needs and any community family supports.
- To be mindful of working with children, awareness of child protection legislation, utilising knowledge and skills of frame work to act accordingly.
- Main focus of the service is to provide long term sustainable housing through the established HAP process.
- Support families to secure housing via organising viewings to properties and support families to move in to accommodation.
- Work in partnership with a variety of service providers including both statutory and voluntary organisations.
Please see Job Description attached below.
Appointment subject to satisfactory references and right to work in the Republic of Ireland
Gardai checks will be required
For further details about the Salvation Army, it’s Mission and activities please visit
To apply please email a completed application form (attached below) to: Emma Gillan at email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: 2nd March 2021
CVs will not be accepted
Promoting equality in the workplace