Society of Saint Vincent de Paul: Regional Co-Ordinator (Mid-West Region)
Regional Co-Ordinator (Mid-West Region)
Reference No: RCMW0221
Location: Upper Hartstonge Street, Limerick
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Published: Friday 19th February 2021
Closing Date: 4 pm Friday 5th March 2021
The primary purpose of this role is to support the core work of Regional and Area Presidents, and through them our Conferences and Members on the ground. The post holder will be responsible for the day-to-day efficient operation and management of the Regional Office and line management of Regional Office staff, and other such staff as required.
The ideal candidates will possess the following:
- Educated to a Degree level or equivalent, in business, management in the voluntary sector/administration/ financial or related field (minimum Level 7)
- A knowledge and appreciation of the Society, its ethos, mission and values.
- Knowledge of needs and issues of the poor and disadvantaged
- An affinity for the work of volunteers and an understanding of the dynamics of Volunteer Led Organisations
- At least 5 years management experience, some of which will have been gained in the community/ voluntary sector
- Experience of managing others and building teams
- Change management experience
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, in individual and group situations
- Good group facilitation skills/experience
- Good understanding of budgeting and finance related matter
- Ability to anticipate challenges and put appropriate plans in place
- Excellent organisational skills
- Proficient in IT – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM system
- Ability to work on own initiative, and as part of a team
- A positive outlook, with resilience and persistence in the face of barriers and setbacks
- An ability to establish and foster excellent working relationships with many different people across different functions and locations
- Good project management skills
- An ability to write reports in a clear, concise and structured manner
- An ability to display empathy, patience and a well-developed sense of humour
If you have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organisations, please go to www.svp.ie/Jobs for details on how to apply, including full job description and application form. You can apply online directly at www.svp.ie/jobs or post your completed application form to Human Resources, SVP House, 91-92 Sean McDermott Street, Dublin 1.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications, we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted for interview.
Interviews will be scheduled shortly after the closing date of 5/3/2021.
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer