Dublin Simon Community: Project Management Coordinator
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
At Dublin Simon Community, we are passionate about making home a reality. Our aim is to empower people to access and retain a home by providing housing, prevention, addiction treatment, emergency response and other targeted interventions, through advocacy and partnership. If you share our values and want to make a difference also, come talk to us at Dublin Simon Community. We’re looking for client focused, friendly and adaptable people to join our team. This standard is achieved by organisations that have best practice Human Resource Systems in place, particularly in the area of staff training and development, communication, and staff involvement in the decision making processes in the organisation.
About the job
The position is for a Project Management Coordinator, working within the Property Development Team in the Quality and Property Function of Dublin Simon Community. The successful candidate will have responsibility for the tracking, reporting and implementation of the property development programs for the Dublin Simon Community. The Property Development Department are in the process of delivering multiple construction projects at all stages of the development process. Projects are brought from Inception to Implementation in conjunction with appointed professional design teams procured from approved frameworks and through public procurement. The successful candidate will report to the Property Development Manager and will assist in the day to day co-ordination of the agreed property development programs in line with the current strategic objectives. All team members receive organisational and induction training. Role specific training and guidance will be delivered within the department. Dublin Simon Community operates professional and structured staff engagement providing the benefits of 1-1 structured support, regular support and supervision meetings and annual performance reviews.
- Working with the Property Development Manager coordinating the development and refurbishment programmes to track the progress, resources and delivery of all construction and refurbishment projects.
- Assistance with tracking the progress of new supply into delivery through refurbishment and construction.
- Alert the Property Development Manager, as early as possible, to any problems arising in relation to project progress, development, and delivery.
- The identification of working solutions and resources necessary to address identified delays.
- Assistance with the supervision and monitoring of the preparation of necessary scope of work and pricing documentation by appointed design team consultants in line with the documentation required for the transparent procurement of construction teams in line with public procurement guidelines.
- Liaison with all property and finance team members on a regular basis to identify key milestones, critical dates, delays, and the impact on the critical path for individual projects.
- Liaison with the design and delivery team project managers in reviewing the contractor’s construction programme, ensuring they are in line with work flow and cash flow requirements.
- Liaison with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure service requirements are met at each stage of the project.
- Production of reports for and attendance at organisational and project meetings as required by the Property Development Manager.
- Supervision of the use of the property developments department’s physical assets including the organisational vehicle, surveying equipment, computer equipment etc.
- Development and maintenance of approved supplier’s database for property development department.
- Co-ordination of project handover from contractor to facilities team, to ensure completion of all works, testing and training of systems and the hand over of the safety file in line with the project specification and brief.
- Supporting colleagues on property related activities as identified by the Property Development Manager. This may involve assistance in the preparation of the design and delivery of refurbishment schemes, the presentation of project proposals and the preparation statutory grant applications.
- This role may vary depending on the requirements of the organisation.
Minimum job requirements:
- 3rd level (or equivalent) qualification in project management, architectural, engineering, surveying or equivalent construction industry discipline.
- 2 years experience post graduation in project management.
- Proficiency and experience with project management computer software packages like Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel etc.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to programme manage similar projects and to achieve deadlines.
Preferred job requirements:
- Understanding of property development design and delivery processes.
- Understanding of financial management and budget tracking.
- Understanding of funding mechanisms available for construction and property development.
- Understanding of planning and legislative approval processes.
- Co-ordination, organisational and project planning skills
- Critical thinking and analysis skills
- Developing and maintaining external relationships
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Commitment to providing the highest levels of quality service.
- Commitment to practice and professional development
- Commitment to health & safety
- Respect for others
- Openness to change
- Good communication
- Resilience and positive outlook.
- Effective team working
Location: Red Cow lane, Dublin 7.
Working Hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 5:30pm. 37.5 hours per week. 25 days annual leave.
Application due date: 26/02/2021
For queries relating to this position please telephone (01) 635 4800