Community Addiction Response Programme: Project Worker
A vacancy has arisen for a Project Worker at CARP Killinarden D.24.
CARP is a community addiction response programme located in the heart of Tallaght. We develop projects and services to support individuals in addiction to live sustainable lives whilst aiming to afford people the opportunity to realise their potential and experience a high quality of life. The focus of our activities is on areas where people experience disadvantage. Our programmes of work are organised across key thematic areas: Community Employment, Education & Employment, Health & Well Being.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage a case load of clients by providing one to one key working sessions set in a confidential, safe environment. Sessions will consist of the flowing interventions:
- Initial and comprehensive assessments using the national framework
- Crisis intervention
- Group work (be able to plan ,organise & deliver groups)
- Relapse prevention
- Harm Reduction
- Goal setting using Motivational Interviewing & CRA Protocols
- Developing individual care plan for each client
- Referrals to residential treatment, mental health services, counselling, education/employment
- Community reintegration
2. To support individuals impacted by substance misuse within the context of the aims and objectives of the project through the provision of:
- Information & signposting
- One to one key working sessions
- Group work(be able to plan ,organise &deliver groups)
3. Key areas of work will include:
- Contribute to the day to day running of the project
- Developing responses to emerging trends in conjunction with the project manager
- Establishing and maintaining links with statutory, voluntary and community agencies
- Compiling reports, proposals and briefing documents
- Participate in Team Meetings and assist in developing relevant actions
- Organizing information sessions and making presentations about the work of the project
- Keep appropriate records and undertake administration duties as required
- To work as a productive member of the CARP team
- To facilitate appropriate supports for clients via key working and group work
- Always build therapeutic relationships with clients and maintain professional boundaries
- To build effective links with other professional organizations in the community
- Liaise with community groups in the Tallaght area
- To take up training opportunities agreed with Manager
- Any other duties appropriate to the position and agreed with the Manager
- Minimum of a level 7 diploma in Community Drugs Work, Addiction Studies or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years working fulltime in addiction/community addiction support project
- Experience in key working, care planning and case management across a continuum of care from active drug use to drug free interventions
- Accredited in either CRA or Motivational Interviewing
- Have a thorough knowledge of drug related issues and their effect on individuals, families and communities
- Knowledge and understanding of theory in evidence-based practice in the field of treatment & rehabilitation.
- Knowledge and understanding of National Drugs policy including Reducing Harm, Supporting Recovery: A health led response to drug & alcohol use in Ireland 2017 – 2025 and the National Drugs Rehabilitation Framework and National Protocols and Assessment Guidelines.
- Have experience of inter-agency work, involving community, voluntary and statutory agencies
- Effective written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, including IT skills
- Must have administration capacity to discharge the functions of the post
- Must be personally motivated and have the ability to work on own initiative
- Garda Vetting required
Applications email only
A copy of your CV and application letter outlining relevant experience to be sent to: email@example.com
Closing Date for receipt of CV and letter - 5pm on Friday 12th March 2021.
Late applications cannot be considered.