Community Addiction Response Programme: Addiction Counsellor (Sessional / Part-Time)
Community Addiction Response Programme (CARP KILLINARDEN CLG)
Addiction Counsellor, Sessional / Part-Time
Job Title: Addiction Counsellor, sessional / Part-Time
Responsible for: The direct delivery of counselling services for persons with drug and or alcohol problems in the Killinarden area
Reports to: Manager of CARP
Objective: To effectively deliver counselling
- The direct delivery of counselling services for persons with drug and /or alcohol problems.
- To operate within professional and ethical guidelines of CARP.
- Comprehensively assess (formally or informally).
- Deliver face-to-face counselling sessions as well as via telephone or zoom, as required.
- Deliver specific substance use interventions using a variety of models including,
Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Harm Reduction, Relapse Prevention as well as crisis interventions, the aim of which is to promote self-efficacy and motivation to change and to reduce harm caused by substance misuse/offending behaviors.
- Attend team meetings when required.
- Keep records and observe the appropriate professional standards.
- Provide information/statistics regarding the details of counselling i.e., the nature, objectives, duration etc.
- Refer to other agencies where appropriate.
- Provide information and advice supporting harm reduction approach utilized in CARP.
- To notify your line manager as soon as possible where there are Child protection concerns.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- At least Two years’ experience in a paid full-time capacity, or equivalent part time, in an addiction service or similar setting.
- Accredited counsellor with ACI, IAACP or equivalent body.
- A relevant third level qualification in the area of addiction studies or social care.
- An excellent understanding of issues relating to problem drug use, criminal offending, homelessness, dual-diagnosis, and progression pathways towards community based rehab, housing, and training services.
- Capacity to develop constructive relationships with clients & staff team.
- Capacity to work on own initiative and as part of team.
- Capacity to develop positive relationships with internal and external agencies.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficient IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and experience of using a database.
- Experience and skills in developing Care Plans to include assessment of needs.
Contract Type: 1-year Fixed Term Contract
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email to email@example.com with a cover letter and a copy of your up-to-date CV attached by 5pm on Friday 12th March 2021.