Coolmine Therapeutic Community: Project Worker
Job Title: Project Worker
Location: Coolmine Residential, Dublin 15
Reports to: Team Leader
Hours: 35 hours per week. Some out of hours work may be required.
Job Type: 1x Permanent.
1x 12months Fixed Term Contract
Purpose: To provide quality service to clients and families/significant others in accordance with best practice in the area of case management, group therapy, psycho-social workshops, and formal / informal interactions with clients
Contact Email: Justinah.email@example.com
Coolmine is a leading drug and alcohol treatment centre providing community, day and residential services to men and women with problematic substance use and their families in Ireland established since 1973. Coolmine Therapeutic Community believes that everyone should have the opportunity to overcome addiction and lead a fulfilled and productive life.
We now have a vacancy for Project Worker. The successful candidates will report to Team Leader to provide quality service to clients, families and significant others in accordance with best practice in the area of case management, group therapy, psycho-social workshops, and formal and informal interactions with clients.
Role Responsibilities: (Include, but not limited to)
- Engage with and build trusting relationships with all clients at a formal and informal level in order to develop a viable and productive therapeutic relationship, treating them with dignity and respect at all times in order to promote and motivate clients towards full recovery, while working within the ACI and Coolmine code of ethics as well as the overall values of Coolmine.
- Ensuring all relevant documentation, filing, statistics and paperwork are in line with the aims and standards of the project.
- Provide 1:2:1 support for clients, consulting with them and enabling them towards positive career plans and a healthy drug-free lifestyle.
- Carry out thorough assessments of client needs, identify and develop care plans within an ongoing key working system to identify and review the needs of the clients in order to allow them to make informed decisions about their future.
- Make appropriate referrals to all internal and external services including: initial assessment; primary treatment plan; process the collections of client urines for testing.
- Facilitate group therapy sessions psycho-educational workshops, community meetings, formal and informal gatherings, and community handovers, etc, in a professional and ethical manner and in accordance with Coolmine Therapeutic Community’s standard operational policies and procedures.
- Perform as a full team member supporting colleagues, participating in effective team meetings, attending supervision, and client case reviews and being open to reasonable requests from manager in order to ensure effective working relationships.
- Comply with all Health and Safety regulations and standard operating procedures relating to fire procedures, maintenance, critical incidents, safety for staff, etc. to ensure the effective safety and well-being of all clients and staff.
- Work within the policies of Coolmine Therapeutic Community in order to ensure that a consistent delivery of service, quality standards and best practice are adhered to at all times.
- Minimum of FETAC level 7 or equivalent in addition studies or related field or working towards.
- Recognised diploma in counselling or addiction studies.
- Working towards IAAAC accreditation.
- Two to three years’ experience working within the drug and alcohol field.
- Can understand the dynamics and interface between the individual and the community.
- Familiar with various models of rehabilitation, counselling, and recovery approaches including Motivational Interviewing &Community reinforcement Approach.
- Experience of the implementation and evaluation of care planning/Case management
- Experience of group facilitation.
- Has experience and understands the importance and implications of working as part of a team.
Knowledge & Skills
- Has excellent communication and listening skills.
- Enjoys working with people, is approachable, and demonstrates warm and friendly mannerisms.
- Is clear and explicit about professional and personal boundaries.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- High IT literacy skills.
- Competent in case management systems
- Have a “can do” attitude and a positive solution focused approach to problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Uses assertive behaviour, demonstrating dignity and respect for self and others at all times.
- Is not afraid or unwilling to take on the work or responsibilities that are expected from a client resident.
- Capacity to work effectively under pressure
- Committed to meeting the needs of excluded and marginalised people.
- Successful candidate would be engaged in recording the NDTRS forms and ECASS system.
Interested candidates who meet the Person Specification requirements should send their CV & cover letter to Justinah Bello, HR Generalist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Thursday 4th March, 2021.
Coolmine Therapeutic Community is an equal opportunities employer.