Gheel Autism Services: Support Worker – Residential Roster (Maynooth)
In Gheel, we focus on supporting individuals with autism through their life journey and enabling them to have fulfilling life experiences, while having autonomy and control over their choices and decisions. Gheel Autism Services provides a wide range of services for adults with autism including day and vocational opportunities, outreach support and a variety of supported living options. Across our services we consider how each person thinks, learns and processes information to develop a personalised plan of support. Considering individuals strengths and motivations, we enable people to obtain outcomes which are meaningful to them. Our committed practitioners receive regular training and they are equipped with the knowledge and skills to enable each individual to have positive and meaningful life experiences. All staff are involved in changing the culture of supporting people into a more inclusive, independence focused style of support – where people are encouraged to be partners in, not recipients of, their service delivery.
- Access to Health Insurance
- Access to Educational Support Scheme
- Company pension with company
- contribution (including income protection and death-in-service benefits)
- Employee Assistant Programme
- Free Parking
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Up to 25 days Annual leave
- Bike to Work scheme
- Training and development (CPD)
- Option to join the Health Service credit union
Due to the on-going expansion of our service we currently have the following vacancy within the service.
A. Support Worker – Residential Roster –– Permanent, Full-time 1.00 WTE, Maynooth, Co. Kildare
The successful candidates will act as a strong role model, demonstrate a commitment to developing a person-centred culture and provide the people we support with emotional support while contributing positively to their health and wellbeing.
Gheel Autism Services provides supported living services across Dublin and North Kildare. With this type of support the emphasis is on the development of skills for independent living, recognising individual goals and aspirations and enabling people to be active participants in their local community. The support is provided in line with the individual needs and choices of the person, based on assessment of social, personal and healthcare needs. Staff have the opportunity to work on skill development in context, building capacity for interdependence in community and social networks. In addition, we enable adults to develop essential everyday skills such as: money management, self-care, laundry, general housekeeping and cooking skills.
The roster consists of 24-hour shifts, you will work 14 sleepovers in 6 weeks as part of a rolling roster. A full, clean driving licence is required for the above positions.
Essential Qualifications for Support Worker post:
- Fetac Level 5 or equivalent in social care
- Qualification in Health or Social Science
Essential Experience for Support Workers:
- At least one-year recent experience in the social care/disability sector.
- Experience working with adults with autism.
- Full, clean driving license.
- Successful candidates will be paid in line with 2016 HSE revised consolidated Care Assistant pay scale point 2; €25,516 – point 13; € 36,680 per annum based on working a 39-hour week. There is 23 days annual leave per annum.
To apply for this position please send your C.V to email@example.com. Applicants will be shortlisted for interview based on the evidence outlined in their C.V.
The closing date for receipt of all completed applications Thursday, 28th of January @ 5pm. Late applications will not be accepted. Please write Residential, Ballycurraghan in the subject line of the email.
Garda vetting is a requirement of the recruitment process.