Gheel Autism Services: Support Worker – Day Services x 2
In Gheel, we focus on supporting individuals with autism through their life journey and enabling them to have fulfilling life experiences, while having autonomy and control over their choices and decisions. Gheel Autism Services provides a wide range of services for adults with autism including day and vocational opportunities, outreach support and a variety of supported living options. Across our services we consider how each person thinks, learns and processes information to develop a personalised plan of support. Considering individuals strengths and motivations, we enable people to obtain outcomes which are meaningful to them. Our committed practitioners receive regular training and they are equipped with the knowledge and skills to enable each individual to have positive and meaningful life experiences. All staff are involved in changing the culture of supporting people into a more inclusive, independence focused style of support – where people are encouraged to be partners in, not recipients of, their service delivery.
- Access to Health Insurance
- Access to Educational Support Scheme
- Company pension with company
- contribution (including income protection and death-in-service benefits)
- Employee Assistant Programme
- Free Parking
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Up to 25 days Annual leave
- Bike to Work scheme
- Training and development (CPD)
- Option to join the Health Service credit union
Due to the on-going expansion of our service, we currently have the following full-time vacancy in our Day Services.
A. Support Worker – Day Services – Permanent, Full time (1.00 WTE) – Milltown, Dublin 6
B. Support Worker - Day Services – Specified Purpose (Maternity), Full-time (1.00 WTE) – Fairview, Dublin 3
Gheel Autism Services provides day opportunities across North and South Dublin. These allows us to offer unique and personalised services which are based on the choices, needs and aspirations of the individual. Our day services are in process of working towards a New Directions model of service delivery. This is also to suit the individual sensory and support needs of adults with autism. Day Opportunity Services provide a tailored style of support in local communities. Support workers will in conjunction with the work of the Practitioners assist in the development of independent living skills, education and employment possibilities and social and leisure groups. The successful candidate will be required to work across all locations on a roster basis.
Applicants must have full, clean driving licence. The Day Services operate on daytime hours Monday to Friday - annual increments are included.
Essential Qualifications for Support Worker post:
- Fetac Level 5 or equivalent in social care
- Qualification in Health or Social Science
Essential Experience for Support Workers:
- At least one-year recent experience in the social care/disability sector.
- Experience working with adults with autism.
- Full, clean driving license.
- Successful candidates will be paid in line with 2016 HSE revised consolidated Care Assistant pay scale point 2; €25,516 – point 13; € 36,680 per annum based on working a 39-hour week. There is 23 days annual leave per annum.
To apply for this position, please send your curriculum vitae to email@example.com. Please highlight the position you are applying for by stating Position A Day Services or Position B Day Services in the subject line of the email. Applicants will be shortlisted for interview based on the evidence outlined in the curriculum vitae.
The closing date for receipt of all completed applications is Tuesday, 26th of January @ 5pm. Late applications will not be accepted.
Garda Vetting is a requirement of the recruitment process.