Merchants Quay Ireland: Assertive Outreach Worker (Contract of Indefinite Duration) - OAS Service
Merchants Quay Ireland wish to recruit an Assertive Outreach Worker for their OAS Service, Riverbank House, on a Contract of Indefinite Duration as follows:
The ideal candidate for this post will have:
- Relevant QQI third level 7 or above qualification in social Care and at least 1 year’s full time or equivalent experience of working within low threshold services.
- A flexible approach to working hours
- An understanding of the issues relating to homelessness, mental health, and substance misuse.
- Experience in street- based outreach services and/or case management
- Experience of working with clients with multiple needs
- Experience working in a role where a harm reduction approach was adopted, in particular, experience working with needle exchange a distinct advantage
- Experience of homeless specific databases, reports, and letter writing
Management reserves the right to amend or change this job description as required
Additional benefits include:
- Fulfilling and Challenging work
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Minimum 23 days Annual Leave
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme (after 6 months)
- Death In Service (from commencement of employment)
- Line Management Supervision
- Learning and Development Programme
- Group VHI Scheme
- Paid Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity, Parental, Adoptive, Force Majeure and Compassionate Leave)
- Educational Assistance (Study and Examination Leave, Scholarship Foundation)
- Employee Assistance Programme(EAP)
- Health & Wellness Programme
The working hours for this position will be between 7am and 9.00pm, 39 hours per week Monday to Sunday.
Salary: €30,360 - €37,800
Duration: CID (Permanent)
Hours: 39 hrs per week shift rota 07.00am – 9.00pm Monday to Sunday
Location: Open Access Service, Merchants Quay, Dublin 8.
Closing date: Friday 29th January 2021
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the application form attached to this advertisement and send with an updated copy of your CV to:
email@example.com. Before 5pm Friday 29th January 2021. Please ensure to include ‘Application for Full Time Project Worker ref OAS012103’ in the subject line of your email.
Applications not labelled correctly may fail to be shortlisted.
MQI is an equal opportunities employer
All roles within MQI are subject to Garda Vetting