Merchants Quay Ireland: Lead Project Worker - Harm Reduction Team
Merchants Quay wish to recruit a Lead Project Worker for their Harm Reduction Team as follows:
- A minimum QQI Third Level 7 Social Care qualification in a relevant social care field
- A minimum of two years’ full time (or part time equivalent) experience working as a Project Worker in a low threshold environment with at least one of these years being within supervisory management/lead level/managing staff
- Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills within MQI and externally with the local community.
- Required to demonstrate ability to work under pressure and in an environment where service users have multiple complex needs.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- An excellent understanding of harm reduction in the context of a low threshold service in line with the governments drug strategy.
- Capacity to develop constructive relationships with service users & team.
- Capacity to develop positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficient IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and a good knowledge of the CRM system for reporting purpose
- Skills & Experience in dealing with service performance evaluation, service development & change management desirable.
Management reserve the right to amend or change this job description as require
If you are interested in applying for this position please complete the application form attached to this advertisement and send with an updated copy of your cv to email@example.com before the closing date of 5pm on the Friday 29th January 2021. Please ensure to include ‘Application for Lead Project Worker Harm Reduction ref OAS012102” in the subject line of your email. Applications not labelled correctly may fail to be shortlisted.
The working hours for this position will be between 7am and 9.30pm, 39 hours per week Monday to Sunday. There will be a requirement to cover on-call.
Salary: €30,360 – €37,800 pa DOE. There is also a lead allowance of €4,500 pa
Contract: Contract of Indefinite Duration
Closing Date: Friday 29th January 2021 5pm
Ref Number: OAS012102 – please quote on application
Hours: 39 hours per week Monday to Sunday. Shift rota from 07.00am to 9.30pm
All posts at Merchants Quay Ireland are subjected Garda Vetting
What does MQI offer as an employer?
- Fulfilling and Challenging work
- Competitive Salaries
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Minimum 23 days Annual Leave
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme (after 6 months)
- Death In Service (from commencement of employment)
- Line Management Supervision
- Learning and Development Programme
- Group VHI Scheme
- Paid Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity, Parental, Adoptive, Force Majeure and Compassionate Leave)
- Educational Assistance (Study and Examination Leave, Scholarship Foundation)
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Health & Wellness Programme
Merchants Quay Ireland is an equal opportunities employer