Depaul: Night Support Worker - Across all Dublin Services
Depaul believes that everyone should have a place to call home and a stake in their community. Our aim is to work with those who are socially excluded and marginalised by providing a quality led service in order to produce the best possible outcomes for those accessing our services. We strive to empower our service users to make choices and decisions about the way they live their lives. We work in partnership with central and local government, housing associations and other non-governmental organisations.
Depaul is an equal opportunities employer, we offer a standard 35 hour working week, generous leave entitlements and a pension scheme. We support all staff with regular supervision and core training.
Depaul wishes to recruit to the following role:
Night Support Worker
Across Dublin Services
Salary €28,543.68 per annum, full time hours (37.5 hours)
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to provide support to our organisation’s central services team in Dublin. Depaul is a values-led organisation working with a number of services throughout Dublin and Belfast. This role will report directly to the Local Management Team and will be responsible for responding effectively to service user needs and to security alerts and ensure that the safety, welfare and well-being of the service users are protected throughout the night. This is an exciting opportunity to join a diverse team of talented individuals.
2. Key Areas of Responsibility
- To work with all service users to win their trust and respect and to deal with difficult or problematic situations in a sensitive manner.
- In conjunction with residents and ancillary team, to ensure that the house is kept to a good standard of tidiness, cleanliness and hygiene including communal areas and bathrooms. Encouraging service users to take responsibility for maintaining their own environment, and supporting them with laundry and cleaning tasks where appropriate.
- Night time security and monitoring of the building and its environs. Staffing reception area as necessary.
- Supervision of service users with particular attention to service users with high care needs and offering support when required.
- Where necessary and in conjunction with the nurse and the staff team, to support service users with their prescriptions and proper taking of medication as prescribed by their doctors and to adhere to their alcohol intake plans. To record and report any non-compliance of same.
- To encourage and support service users to develop skills in managing their daily living.
- To alert a member of the management team to any crisis or behaviour management issues and to use the On-call manager during out of hour’s times when necessary.
- In conjunction with project team, to assist residents with personal monies, service charge payments, etc where necessary.
- Carry out project administration tasks such as upkeep of petty cash, project statistics, invoices, record keeping, Service User’s files, OTIS, IR and AR completion etc.
- To ensure that Health and Safety standards are met within the project in accordance with Depaul’s Health and Safety policy and the projects Safety Statement.
- To undertake assigned duties regarding the overall health and safety and security of the service and to use security systems put in place.
- To work as a member of a multi-disciplined team in the best interests of the residents
- To attend and participate in team meetings and staff team days.
- To participate in regular supervision and annual appraisal, and help in identifying your own job-related development and training needs.
- To ensure that all Depaul policies and procedures are being adhered to, particularly those relating to Health and Safety, Code of Practice and Confidentiality.
- To contribute to the effective implementation of Depaul’s Equal Opportunities Policy as it affects both Depaul and its work with service users.
The above list is not exhaustive; additional areas of responsibility may be added over time and flexibility to cover for other staff roles is required from time to time.
3. Person Requirements
- Have at least 1 years’ experience working in the homelessness field or another suitably related area, desirably in a residential setting.
- Have a good standard of education. A Manual handling qualification would be desirable.
- Have an understanding of harm reduction and low threshold working
- Understand why people become homeless and the issues they present with, and what supports can be offered in services to service users with complex needs
- Understanding of risk management principles.
- Capable of responding calmly in a crisis and use your own initiative to deal with incidents as they arise
- Be able to work as part of a team understanding the importance of team communication
- Have an understanding of Health and Safety and the health and safety requirements within a residential setting working with homeless people.
- Have a knowledge and understanding of the vision, mission and values of Depaul
Online Application Procedure:
Please apply though our online application process on the vacancies page of our website
For more information, please contact Human Resources:
Tel: 00 353 1 453 7111 or e-mail email@example.com
Closing date for all applications: 26th January 2021 at 9 am.
Panels will be formed from which future vacancies may be filled