Dublin Food Co-op: General Manager
We are seeking a General Manager with the responsibility to oversee and coordinate all aspects of Co-op operations and lead a diverse group of staff and volunteers.
Dublin Food Co-operative Society Limited is a consumer co-operative founded in 1983 and based in Kilmainham, Dublin, focusing on organic and wholefood products to its members and general public through its retail shop and online store.
We are seeking a General Manager with the responsibility to oversee and coordinate all aspects of Co-op operations, and lead a diverse group of staff and volunteers in meeting organisational ends established by the Coordinating Body (CB or Board of Directors) aligned with the Co-op’s vision, purpose, values and strategic goals.
The Dublin Food Co-op (“DFC”) is part of the worldwide co-operative movement and actively promotes co-operatives values, but the co-operative is only as good as its core team. This an exciting opportunity to lead a vibrant food co-operative with a strong track record and big plans for building a more sustainable world!
Based at our office on Tyrconnell Road and our shop on Inchicore Road, Kilmainham.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Establish guidelines and best practices that are based on DFC’s policy and strive towards achieving and improving them.
- Manage all DFC’s day to day operations based on the strategic goals, objectives, values, and standards of the organisation.
- Work with the CB and other key stakeholders in the development and revision of DFC’s long term strategy and supporting annual objectives, targets and metrics.
- Lead and motivate staff and volunteers in planning and performing activities to achieve annual and long term objectives.
- Work with the CB and all members’ groups to provide a model of supportive and participative leadership promoting the concepts of team/community building and empowerment.
- Assist and advise the CB in preparing policies and strategies and report implementation progress to CB and other key stakeholders as necessary.
- Responsible for the management of all staff and liaising with the Company Secretary, CB Committees, and CB to ensure a proactive and agile operational response.
- At least 3 years Senior Management experience with the ability to lead and inspire a diverse group of staff and volunteers.
- Personnel management experience, including relevant statutory requirements.
- Budget and operational performance management experience
- Commercial retail experience at a senior (store management) level.
- Project management skills
- Understanding of co-operatives, social enterprises, wholefoods and ecological products and activities.
- A proactive and strategic mindset.
- Previous experience working with and reporting to an elected board
Role Requirements & Benefits
- Salary circa €30,000 per annum (negotiable based on experience/qualifications)
- Benefits include discounts on produce – 15 – 25%
- 18 days of combined annual leave (with additional bank holidays).
- 30 hrs. per week
- Availability to work flexible hours (evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays) to meet the needs of the post – this includes at least 2 evenings a month for board/committee meetings.
Email your CV and cover letter in confidence to email@example.com.
Shortlisting may apply. Deadline for the applications is 4th February. Interviews will be held the week beginning 8th February 2021 through an online platform or face to face where possible in line with government protocols.
DFC is an equal opportunities employer.
Additional Information -
The following documents and pages will provide more insight into the co-operative and the role. Click on the links to access files