SOS Kilkenny: Staff Nurse - Residential Service
Job Title: Staff Nurse, Residential Service.
Job Location(s): Kilkenny City and surrounding areas
Reporting To: Residential Manager (PIC)
Contract Type/Hours: 39 hours per week. Residential shift hours incorporating evening, overnight and weekend work
Salary: Linked to HSE staff nurse pay scale.
(This is not an exhaustive list of all duties but is rather a guide to the role).
- Responsibility to work as part of a team to assist residents to lead a full life as contributing members in their own communities.
- Provide therapeutic interventions, practical support, and nursing care for residents.
- Work as part of the team with the line manager in ensuring that service objectives are met and reviewed so as to maintain, improve and develop the service.
- Promote resident involvement, consultation and participation.
- To manage risk in a systematic way that is embedded in a culture of safety, welfare and quality of life for residents.
- To support residents to have an enjoyable and fulfilling home life.
Education & Training:
- Be currently registered with An Bord Altranais, RNID desirable but not essential.
- Working with individuals with intellectual disability/complex needs a distinct advantage.
- Experience in delivering low arousal approaches in a person centered environment desirable.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Awareness of key worker role & philosophy of supporting people with intellectual disabilities
- Knowledge of Health Act 2007, HIQA and National Standards.
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to develop positive relationships with a variety of stakeholders in particular the people we support.
- Computer literacy
Competencies and Values:
- Human Rights Based Approach.
- Resilience, Positive Attitude & Openness to Change.
- Effective Communication & Working Relationships.
- Planning and Organising.
- Innovation, Creativity & Problem Solving.
- Full Driving Licence is essential.
Interested applicants should e-mail an up to date Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 22nd January 2021.