Outhouse: Cafe Coordinator
JOB TITLE: Cafe Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Manager
PURPOSE OF ROLE: The Café Coordinator will be responsible for the day to day operation of the café including providing an integrated catering service. They will create an environment that is welcoming to existing and new customers and develop a self-sustaining community cafe that provides a varied and healthy menu together with a consistent, professional service. Working with the manager the Café Coordinator will provide support and training to Community Employment staff (and volunteers) who will be seeking to gain experience and qualifications with a view to moving on to paid employment.
On-going operation and development of the café.
- Maintaining a welcoming, safe and well run cafe for Outhouse services users /user groups, including catering for internal events.
Achieve increased Café social usage and revenues.
- Increase customer numbers by marketing and promoting the café. Increase the appeal and profile of the cafe in the wider community by building community relationships. On-going development of the café and the promotion of healthy eating/lifestyles.
Develop a self-sustaining Café.
- Plan, implement and evaluate the cafe on a regular basis in order that the cafe: continues to provide a healthy and varied menu, is run professionally and profitably and has procedures in place to facilitate its efficient running.
- Ensure that financial sustainability is achieved and maintained by reviewing supplier pricing, menu pricing and wastage. Strict adherence to Outhouse Café Policy and Procedures. Maintenance of required records of all income and expenditure and related documentation. Undertake weekly stock-takes. Liaise closely with the manager to monitor café financial performance.
Food Preparation, hygiene, Health and Safety.
- Ensure the café is operated in compliance with HACCP, HSE environmental health guidelines and all Outhouse Policies and Procedures.
- Routine co-ordination of Café CE staff and volunteers through close liaison with staff team. Check weekly figures to monitor and adjust staffing and volunteer levels. Identify and arrange appropriate training for all Café CE staff and volunteers.
Any other duties that may be required
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED FOR ROLE:
- Proven skills working with diverse communities and individuals.
- Background and interest in catering / food industry.
- Customer service skills.
- Budgetary and financial skills.
- Good understanding of the principles of food hygiene and preparation.
- Good understanding of hygiene, health and safety procedures.
- Strong demonstrable interpersonal skills (staff and volunteers).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as autonomously.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Flexibility is required in all aspects of this post.
Please return a cover letter and completed application form (attached below) to:
Outhouse Community Resource Centre
105 Capel Street, Dublin 1
Closing date for receipt of Cover Letter and Completed Application Form
6pm Friday, 22nd January 2021
CV’s will not be considered.