Outhouse: Receptionist / Administrator
JOB TITLE: Receptionist / Administrator
REPORTS TO: Manager
PURPOSE OF ROLE: To ensure the smooth operation of the Outhouse reception area and the accurate and timely completion of all assigned administrative duties in accordance with both the ethos of Outhouse and all policies and procedures.
Reception & Switchboard Duties.
- Greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing all visitors to the Centre.
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls to appropriate staff.
- Preparing rooms for meetings, ensuring rooms are left in a tidy manner after meetings and handover to Evening Reception staff.
- Support Cafe staff when required.
- Answer and record all Information and Signposting queries (via telephone, email & drop-in).
Information & Signposting
- Provide service users with information on all aspects of LGBT+ life and signpost callers to public and social services. Queries include but are not limited to: sexual health, mental health, and wellbeing, counselling, Garda Liaison Officers, legal services.
Administration of Personal Development Courses (PDC) & Peer Support Groups (PSG)
- Liaising with PDC & PSG Facilitators to: confirm course dates, book space, contact participants, answer participants queries, logistics, travel arrangements etc.
- Maintenance and preparation of Outhouse statistics (e.g). footfall) as required.
- Assisting Manager and Finance and Administration Officer with management accounts (e.g. issuing receipts, petty cash, cash / cheque lodgements etc.)
- Administration of facilities management (e.g. post-box, lockers), ordering and monitoring of stationary and facility supplies.
- Administrative support to special events and activities.
Health & Safety
- Checking, recording and signing daily, weekly and monthly Fire Safety Records.
- Administration of facilities health & Safety records (e.g. hygiene sheets) and reporting any issues to the Manager.
Any other duties that may be required from time to time.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED FOR ROLE:
- Good general administration ability and experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven skills working with diverse communities and individuals.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as autonomously.
- Strong demonstrable interpersonal skills (staff and volunteers).
- Flexibility is required in all aspects of this post.
Please return a cover letter and completed application form (attached below) to:
Outhouse Community Resource Centre
105 Capel Street, Dublin 1
Closing date for receipt of Cover Letter and Completed Application Form
6pm Friday, 22nd January 2021
CV’s will not be considered.