Corduff Sports Centre: Community Sports Centre Manager
Community Sports Centre Manager
Corduff Sports Centre is owned by Fingal County Council and managed under licence by the Board of Directors of Fingal Community and Recreation Services CLG. The community centre is in Corduff Dublin 15 and has operated as a community resource for sport and physical activity supporting a range of local community-based groups, actions and initiatives such as sport and recreational activities and health and wellbeing activities.
The Mission of Corduff Sports Centre is “to be a positive focal point for the community of Corduff and meet the needs of young people, through participation in sport, leisure, educational and recreational activities.”
The centre opens 7 days a week subject to demand. We are seeking to recruit a Community Sports Centre Manager. The Centre Manager will ensure the effective and efficient management and co-ordination of the human, financial, and material resources of the business and report to the General Manager and Board of Directors.
Essential qualifications - Candidates must have the following:
- A 3rd level qualification in Sports Management, Business/Financial Administration, Training, Human Resources, facility management, Project Management or related disciplines. (Experience in lieu of qualification may be considered).
- Minimum of 3 years staff management experience.
- Candidates should also have a good understanding of community sport, recreation and education in a community-based setting.
- Business development and marketing experience.
- High level of organisation skills essential.
- ICT skills are also essential (e.g. MS Office).
The ideal Candidate should have the following:
- Previous management experience in a successful sports/ community-based facility.
- Capacity to create new opportunities to grow and develop the business.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, leadership, facilitation, teamwork skills.
- Capacity to initiate and develop a strong teamwork ethic and to work on own initiative.
- Excellent report writing and experience in bookkeeping.
- Experience of project management including administration and budget management.
- Ability to access funding and deal with funders, ensure the provision of an efficient financial and accounting system in line with best practice governance requirement as directed by the Board and General Manager of FCRS.
- Good personal motivation and initiative.
- Good familiarity with developing and the use of social media platforms.
- Computer literacy essential, Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Capacity to work with people from a wide range of backgrounds, agencies and sectors.
Terms and Conditions - this is a full-time position (subject to funding) - 40 hours per week, based on annual contract to include evening and weekend work. A copy of the Job description is available on request.
Letter of application and CV must sent by email to email@example.com on or before 5PM on Wednesday 27th January 2021.
(This is an re-advertisement – all those that have applied prior to Christmas need not apply again and will be considered for shortlisting)