Ozanam House: Caretaker
Reference No: CTOZER11201
Location: East Region, Ozanam House Dublin
Duration: Permanent Part-Time
Hours: 25 hours per week
Published: 20th November 2020
Closing Date: 4pm Friday 4th December 2020
The prime purpose of this role is to ensure that all of the facilities, services, equipment and the building are maintained to a high standard. The postholder will oversee and perform all day to day maintenance duties and repairs as required as well as the preventative maintenance plan in place in the centre while ensuring that the service maintain a safe environment for all.
The ideal candidates will possess the following:
- General maintenance experience
- Experience of working in a trade would be an advantage
- Some competencies in the use of computers would be an advantage
- Good communicator and must understand how their role is crucial to providing a physical environment that nurtures and encourages personal development.
- Good interpersonal skills - being in a position to interact with colleagues and the public in an appropriate manner.
- Flexible with the ability to deal with unexpected events and changing work activities.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work/act on own initiative, dealing with unexpected problems as they arise.
- Flexible and enthusiastic and resourceful
- A team player
- Enjoys being part of progressive and energetic team.
- A willingness to undertake further training and development as required, e.g. Manual Handling.
- Punctual and reliable.
If you have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organisations, please go to www.svp.ie/Jobs for details on how to apply, including full job description and application form. You can apply online directly at www.svp.ie/jobs or post your completed application form to Human Resources, SVP House, 91-92 Sean McDermott Street, Dublin 1.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted for interview.
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer