Society of Saint Vincent de Paul - Monastery Hostel: Locum Shift Attendant
Locum Shift Attendant, Carlow
Reference No: LSAMH1120
Location: Monastery Hostel, Carlow
Duration: Permanent, Full-time
Hours: Variable (casual work). Various shift patterns. No set hours.
Published: 20 November 2020
Closing Date: 4PM Friday 27 November 2020
The purpose of the role is to provide short-term relief cover for both day or night shifts depending on service need in emergency situations and to cover for leave in a short-term relief capacity so as to assist the Service to provide safe secure accommodation and support to homeless men, providing an efficient and high quality service to the client group. The post holders will be based in Monastery Hostel, Carlow, where emergency accommodation and support is provided to 16 men.
The ideal candidates will possess the following;
- A good standard of education is essential for this position
- FETAC Level 5 (or higher) healthcare qualification or training in health or social care would be a distinct advantage
- BA in Social Care (NFQ Level 7) or higher is desirable for this position
- A satisfactory knowledge and understanding of the requirements of the post
- Experience of working in a paid or voluntary capacity in a social care context is required for this position
- Experience of a homeless sector service would be a distinct advantage
- Ability to respond in a warm and compassionate manner while retaining professional boundaries
- Excellent report writing and record keeping skills
- Knowledge and understanding around addiction and mental health issues
- Knowledge of Health and Safety issues
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Be respectful
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
If you have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organisations, please go to www.svp.ie/Jobs for details on how to apply, including full job description and application form. You can apply online directly at www.svp.ie/jobs or post your completed application form to Human Resources, SVP House, 91-92 Sean McDermott Street, Dublin 1.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted for interview.
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer