Kerry Parents and Friends Association: Support Workers (Full-Time & Part-Time) & Relief Staff
KERRY PARENTS AND FRIENDS ASSOCIATION is a voluntary organisation committed to the delivery of life enhancing services and supports, responding to needs, wishes and choices of people with an intellectual disability, connected to support networks in their communities.
Posts: Support Workers
Contract: Specified Purpose, Full-Time (39 hours per week) & Part-Time (19.5 hours per week)
(1 year contract – end date 31st of December, 2021)
Location: Days Services – Killarney, Tralee, Caherciveen, Listowel and Outreach Service
These posts are to facilitate the resumption of our day services throughout the County.
Rosters will be Monday to Friday between the hours of 9am to 5pm.
Post: Support Worker
Contract: Specified Purpose, Part-Time (12.5 hours per week – 4 week roster, weekdays and every second weekend)
Location: Valentia Residential Service
- The core activities for the post of Support Worker will include planning and setting goals with the person to assist them in meeting their personal, social, recreational, academic, independent living, community integration, training and supported employment needs.
- As a Support Worker you will enable the people we support realise their goals and achieve their identified priorities. You will also provide support and act as an advocate for participation and inclusion in the community on behalf of the person we support.
- The Support Worker operates within the framework of a person centred approach and to actively engage with and promote co-operation and partnership with other services, both internally and externally and in particular with families.
- QQI Level 5 in Healthcare Support. Equivalent qualifications to Healthcare support will be considered, with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience working with Adults with an Intellectual Disability.
- Experience of working in a care delivery capacity, preferably within a disability service.
- A full drivers licence with access to a car insured for business purposes and must be willing to drive Association vehicles.
*Please note, the above Rosters may be subject to change due to the Operational requirements of the Service*.
WE ARE ALSO SEEKING TO RECRUIT RELIEF STAFF COUNTYWIDE
Only the Associations application form will be accepted, standalone CV’s cannot be accepted. Please ensure the post/s that you are applying for are included on the application form by order of preference where indicated, otherwise we cannot guarantee that your application will be put forward for shortlisting correctly.
Kerry Parents and Friends Association is an equal opportunities employer