National Traveller Women’s Forum: Community Development Worker
The National Traveller Women’s Forum
Invites applications for position of
Community Development Worker
National Traveller Women’s Forum (NTWF) is the National Network of Traveller women and Traveller women's organisations. We recognise the particular oppression of Traveller women in Irish society and are working to address this issue through the provision of opportunities to Traveller women to meet, share experiences, ideas and develop collective strategies and skills to work towards the enhancement of their position in society.
We wish to recruit a: Community Development Worker 4 days a week (28 hours per week pro rata).
To cover a career break for a minimum of one year.
- At least 3 years’ experience working from a Community Development approach
- Understanding of issues and policies impacting on Traveller women
- Commitment to human rights and social justice and to work from an anti-racist and equality framework.
- Excellent group facilitation skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills and report writing skills
- Qualification in Community Development or related field
- Experience in working with the Traveller community and/or gender issues
- Ability to identify funding opportunities and submit grant applications.
How to apply:
Applicants must complete the application form particular to this position, and return by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of application is Thursday 3rd December 2020. Shortlisting will apply, and it is intended that interviews will take place the week beginning 7th December 2020 via zoom in keeping with government guidelines on Covid-19 restrictions.
Please do not send a C.V. it will not be considered
NTWF is an Equal Opportunities employer; applications are welcomed particularly from the Traveller community.
This post is funded by the Department of Justice and Equality.