Young Women’s Christian Association of Ireland: General Secretary (Part-Time)
Job Title: General Secretary
Organisation Name: YWCA
Location: 60 Lower Baggot Street, Dublin 2
Number of Positions: 1
Weekly Working Hours: Part-time 4 Days (30 hours) weekly
Application Closing Date: Friday 4th December 2020.
About the Organisation
YWCA Ireland (Young Women’s Christian Association of Ireland) is a national women’s organisation which seeks to empower women in their Christian faith, leadership and human rights.
The Association is ‘all island’ and is formed by 5 local associations in Dublin, Greystones, Monaghan, Newcastle (Co. Down) and Lisburn that provide a wide range of activities including youth work, accommodation provision and awareness raising. At a national level YWCA Ireland seeks to support and encourage women as they lead change in our society. Key priorities include faith, gender equality, women’s leadership and social justice. Through our affiliation to the European and World YWCA movement, we create opportunities for women to advocate for their rights at global and regional policy-setting platforms.
About the Role
At the direction of the Board, the General Secretary will develop and implement YWCA Ireland’s next 3-year strategic plan, ensuring the organisation fulfils its mission and vision.
As the most senior member of staff within the Organisation, the General Secretary will report to the National Board under the line management of the Chairperson.
- Relevant degree and 5 years’ senior management experience or 7 year’s senior management experience
- Management experience in the Not for Profit / Charity sectors
- Significant experience leading fundraising and grant application processes
- Capability to develop and implement Organisational strategy
- Proven experience developing and managing budgets
- Demonstrated experience of delivering communications externally on behalf of an Organisation
- Strong familiarity and understanding of the regulatory environment
- Experience of advocacy regarding issues impacting women
If you are interested in this role, please apply by sending a covering letter and your full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday 4th December 2020.