Cumann na Daoine: Community Development Co-ordinator (Part-Time)
Youghal, Co. Cork.
Web: Cumann na Daoine.com
Facebook: Cumann na Daoine
Community Development Co-ordinator Proposal
In line with our strategic plan 2020 – 2025 we wish to reconfigure roles within Cumann na Daoine (CnD) and appoint a part-time community development co-ordinator (3 days per week) who will work alongside the project (resource centre) co-ordinator.
The new worker would be part of a community development team based at Cumann na Daoine. The worker would report to the Staff Liaison Committee and the Finance Committee regularly, quarterly written reports will be prepared for the management committee and verbal reports will be given bi-annually in the form of a presentation. KPIs for all action plans will be agreed prior to implementation.
Main Role and Responsibilities:
To support existing community development workers  in their role, provide guidance and supervision to all community development work. In particular:
- Meet with Community Development staff every fortnight or as deemed appropriate and provide support and supervision (including students occasionally)
- Agree work plans and KPIs for each worker in line with the CnD Strategic Plan 2020 - 2025
- Review quarterly work reports
- Agree grant applications and assist/apply where appropriate
- Prepare quarterly reports for management, report and attend all staff liaison group meetings
- Liaise with Financial Administrator and Finance sub group in relation to all budgetary/funding matters and quarterly reports required
- Monitor SLA’s for all workers, meet with funders and provide reports as agreed
- Hold Community Work team meetings quarterly – be objective and impartial
- Lead on social media information campaign and PR for Cumann na Daoine
- Ensure Mental Health supports are increased across the community asap
- Ensure relevant Professional Development Training is offered/supported over each year for all community workers
- Participate in specific steering group structures, e.g. East Cork Travellers, LGBT+, DSGBV and ECCHS if new project materialises
- Seek new funding opportunities and increases in funding where possible
- Collate the annual report for CnD
- Work closely with Resource Centre co-ordinator
- Minimum of 5 years community development experience and a qualification in Community Development or related disciplines
- Understanding of marginalised community development work specifically and across several communities (geographic and interest)
- Experience of community development programme design and engagement
- Experience of facilitating/leading groups and showing leadership on projects
- Understanding of anti-racist and anti-discriminatory practices and excellent social analysis skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to supervise and support community workers
- Excellent communication and engagement skills
- Good IT skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Social Media skills
- Good organisational skills and ability to work on own initiative
- Access to car and own clean driving license
- Ability to write clear and succinct reports
- Willing to work flexible hours including evenings and week-ends
- Sense of humour
- Additional professional development courses completed and accredited
- Proven ability in supporting the development of leadership skills
- Experience of co-ordinating events and making presentations
- Experience of completing funding applications
- Marketing/PR work in community work
Annual full-time Salary €38,819.00 which will be pro rata for three days.
Closing date for receipt of cover letter and curriculum vitae Thur December 3rd 5pm. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org marked CDC application in the subject line. You can post to the above address and mark it CDC application if you prefer.
 Local Community Development worker(s), Traveller Community Development workers, LTI Co-ordinators, Financial Administrator, others as appropriate.