National Collective of Community Based Women’s Networks: Project Co-ordinator
The National Collective of Community Based Women’s Networks (NCCWN) are recruiting a full-time (35 hours per week) Project Co-ordinator for the NCCWN Access 2000 Wexford. NCCWN Access Wexford is a women’s community development project supporting the development of women/women’s groups in Wexford.
Overall Responsibilities of the post
Working for the NCCWN Board of Management, the Coordinator is responsible for the day to day running, management and development of the Project and will implement the aims, objectives and agreed areas of work outlined in the NCCWN National and Local Strategic Work Plans. Using feminist community development approaches, the Coordinator is responsible for working in partnership with the local Advisory Committee to coordinate, facilitate and support the successful management, maintenance and development of the work of NCCWN Access Wexford.
Main duties of the post:
- To provide supports and oversee the delivery of the Women’s Development & Equality Programme for women experiencing social exclusion, poverty and disadvantage in Wexford
- To develop and support women/women’s groups in Wexford
- To work with local agencies and bodies to support local women’s equality
- To work as part of the NCCWN to progress women's equality as part of a national collective
The successful candidate will have:
- A relevant third level qualification or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of working in community development which includes working with women's groups and issues.
- An understanding of grassroots feminism and the issues presenting for women in Wexford
- Excellent communication, coordination and report writing skills
- Staff management skills and ability to motivate people and relate to diverse groups and individuals
Own transport essential.
It is anticipated that new Coordinator will be appointed on the 1st point of the NCCWN Coordinator salary scale €38,630 per annum
For further information and application form please contact:
NCCWN National Coordinator Miriam Holt:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. 085 1312983
Applications must be made by Application Form only and emailed to Miriam Holt
Closing Date for applications 5pm on Thursday December 3rd 2020. Shortlisting may apply.
This post is subject to funding (Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth)
NCCWN is an Equal Opportunities Employer