Catholic Institute for Deaf People: Quality Standards & Compliance Manager (Maternity Cover)
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Job Title: Quality Standards & Compliance Manager
Location: St Joseph’s House Stillorgan and St Mary’s and St Joseph’s Boarding Campus Cabra
Contract duration: Maternity leave cover (6 months)
Reporting to: Director of Care (St Joseph’s House) and Head of Care (Boarding Campus)
The Catholic Institute for Deaf People (CIDP) operates two residential services.
St Joseph’s House and Community Service provides services to adults who are Deaf and Deafblind who require additional supports. In line with national policy and best practice, St Joseph’s House is in the process of de-congregation with five service users already moved into homes in the community.
St Mary’s and St Joseph’s Boarding Campus provides boarding accommodation to Deaf children attending the Holy Family School for Deaf Children in Cabra.
Our vision across both services is for inclusive life with equal opportunities empowering each person to shape and direct their future. The model we use underpinning this is Social Role Valourisation.
A Quality Standards & Compliance Manager is being recruited to lead the development and implementation of standards of care in relation to statutory requirements, professional codes of conduct and CIDP’s policies and procedures.
The Quality Standards & Compliance Manager will have a strong focus on developing operational policies and procedures in compliance with current legislation, with an emphasis on the delivery of social care to people living in St Joseph’s House for Deaf and Deafblind Adults, including those who have moved into the community and the boarding campus for Deaf Children.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Below are some of the key areas of responsibility;
- Ensure service areas are set up for success with regard to relevant inspections/ quality assessments such as HIQA
- Ensure agreed standards of care are practised in relation to statutory requirements, professional codes of conduct and CIDP’s policies and procedures
- Reviewing all policies and care plans to ensure requirements under HIQA and other relevant guidelines are met
- Develop the operational policies and procedures in compliance with current legislation, regulations and standards on an ongoing basis and ensure adherence to these policies and procedures by staff at all times alongside the Director of Care and Head of Care
- Oversee the completion of any accreditation or audits needed to ensure standards and quality of care are maintained
- Review, maintain and update the risk register
- Ensure that incident reports are completed, reviewed and follow up on
- Ensure that safeguarding notifications are made appropriately, an action plan is put in place and a review is carried out
- Ensure that HIQA notifications are made in line with procedure and is followed up on
- Prepare reports, as requested, on all aspects of the work relevant to the role
- Maintain all records relevant to the role
Knowledge (Education & Related Experience):
- Social care level 8, health care management, or other relevant qualification
- A relevant Risk management &/or quality assurance qualification or willingness to gain within 12-24 months
- Knowledge of HIQA standards
- Prior experience of report writing
- Prior experience of working within a residential or community setting at managerial level
- Fluency in ISL, another signed language or a willingness to achieve within 2 years
- Knowledge of Ofsted standards
- Knowledge and experience of Social Role Valourisation
- Prior experience of creating and writing polices
- Prior experience of change management
- Prior experience of working with external agencies and multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills essential
- Evidence of on-going professional development
- Excellent time management and organisational skills to include meeting deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative
Any interested applicants should forward their CV and a short covering letter stating their suitability for the role. Please email email@example.com by Friday 27 November 2020.
If you require further details on this role such as job description, please contact Mary Stringer directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
HR & Governance Manager