Camphill Community Kyle: Social Care Workers
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Social Care Workers
Community Kyle are currently seeking applications from highly motivated people, to join our team for the following positions:
Social Care Worker Vacancy x 1 Full time permanent post (40 hours)
The jobs’ purpose is to support the intentional community, in developing and formalising a person-centred culture, and to achieve a high quality of personal outcomes in a time of rapidly changing regulatory requirements, while maintaining Camphill’s ethos and values.
To provide residential, job coaching, and lifestyle supports to adults with support needs, in an intentional community, by being part of a team of employees and volunteers creating a positive living experience, for the residents living in the community.
- Model and coordinate support to residents in the Community's residential household(s) providing a safe homely environment where each resident has access to comprehensive, person-centred and holistic personal support.
- Provide support to persons with intellectual disabilities in all aspects of daily living, including personal care.
- Assist in the the day to day running of the residential household(s) within the Community as a team member under the guidance of a House Coordinator .
- Work within community budgets.
- Manage administrative and financial systems of the home and ensure that buildings are well maintained and in good repair. Bring any issues about the home to the attention of the House Coordinator / Person in Charge.
- Assist the House Coordinator to ensure that there is always adequate cover for resident support and organise schedules if needed.
- To ensure the provision of a quality service, working in partnership with the person being supported, members of the Community and the person’s wider circle of support.
- Participate in regular house meetings.
- Coordinate and ensure the support needs of residents are met in their daily lives.
- Ensure that the Community provides the best standard of care and support, complies with legislation, policies, best practice and can demonstrate the same.
- Ensure a healthy and nutritious diet is offered that takes individual needs and choice into account
- Maintain comprehensive and up to date residents’ records.
- Undertake responsibility for health and safety in the home in line with policy and procedure and maintain necessary records.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience
- Third Level Degree in Social Care or related discipline
- Two years’ work experience in social care
- Excellent working knowledge of regulatory compliance and HIQA standard and regulations
- Experience of providing support to people with complex needs
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise workloads
- Flexible, responsible and mature attitude to work – willing to work rosters which include sleepovers and weekend work
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions
- Highly motivated and reliable and have a flexible approach to working hours (roster shifts include weekend and overnights hours)
- Excellent communication, people management and problem-solving skills, empathy and sensitivity to others
- Full Clean Driving Licence
Details of the Role:
Salary Scale: €15.00 per hour, €10:10 per hour sleep overs
Location: Camphill Community Kyle, Coolagh, Callan, Co Kilkenny R95 HN82
Contract: Social Care Worker – Full Time Position – Permanent Full time Contract (40 Hours)
Closing date: Monday 23rd November 2020
How to apply
Please email your application form and current cv to email@example.com
For queries or full job description please contact Noreen Tierney on 056 7725737
Candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted by Wednesday 25th November 2020 for interviews being held on Monday 30th November 2020
Please note all posts are subject to Garda Vetting & Reference checking.
Camphill is an equal opportunities employer