St Patrick’s Centre (Kilkenny): Health Care Assistants (Permanent & Relief)
Health Care Assistant
St Patrick’s Centre is currently in a transition period as we move from a congregated setting to community based supports which will enable people to live a good life in their own home, with the supports and opportunities to become active, valued and inclusive members of their local communities. St Patrick’s Community Services enable a supported self-directed living (SSDL) model of provision which is underpinned by our beliefs, values and vision.
We are currently recruiting Health Care Assistants (HCA), Permanent and Relief contracts available, to work as part of a Community team; to assist in the provision of health & social care for the people we support. The HCA will assist the people we support in all aspects of daily living in line with the needs, will and preference of the individual and as outlined in an agreed care plan. He/she will ensure that the needs of the people we support are being met through professional work practices. HCAs must be flexible in their approach to service provision and should have the ability to work as a member of a team.
Please submit the application form along with a CV and a cover letter to: HR, St Patrick’s Centre, Unit 11-12, Danville Business Park Kilkenny or via email to HRDept@stpatrickskilkenny.ie . Full job description & application form available from http://www.stpatrickskilkenny.com/vacancies/ Enquiries to Denise Foran or Adrienne Hayes on 056 772 2170
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 4th December 2020.
Salary Scale: Linked to HSE Salary Scales (Care Assistant Intellectual Disability)
A relevant Certificate in Health Care Supports @ FETAC Level 5
Essential skills and experience
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Experience in supporting individuals to live a good life
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Planning & organisational skills
- Ability to ensure a safe work environment
- Basic hygiene and infection control knowledge
- Computer literate including Microsoft Office and reporting writing
- Must be willing and able to participate in swimming pool activities
- Must be willing and able to drive the St. Patrick’s transport vehicles
- Must be willing and able to work rosters that include both days, nights, split shifts, sleepovers, late evenings and week-ends.
- Full Clean Driver’s License & own transport essential
St Patrick’s Centre is an equal opportunities employer
We look forward to hearing from you!