Muiríosa Foundation: Support Worker (Part-Time) - Laois Services (Portlaoise)
Valuing life, helping people build meaningful lifestyles.
We are seeking to recruit to the following positions:
Laois Services (Portlaoise)
PERMANENT Part-time (50 hours per fortnight)
Please quote the following job reference on your application form/email: CSBC017
I am a 23-year-old man looking for someone to assist me to develop relationships and make connections within my local community. I currently live at home with my parents but need additional help and support to lead a more engaging and active lifestyle. I love music, world wrestling, exercise, basketball and walking. I am looking for someone who is motivated, enthusiastic and creative to support me both in my home and outside.
Informal Enquiries to: Colm Conroy 087 7594906
Essential requirements/qualities of applicant are:
- Support workers must have the same interests and be a good match for me.
- Motivated and willingness to try new things
- Ability to use own initiative and plan effectively
- Good connections with local community
- Full driving Licence
Desirable requirements/qualities of applicant are:
- FETAC/ QQI Level 5 (Major Award) in Healthcare or equivalent (e.g. Health Service Skills, Healthcare Support)
- Knowledge of Down Syndrome and Autism, Social Role Valorisation and Supported Self Directed Living.
- The successful candidates will have excellent communication skills and be a champion for me, aiming high and to make a difference by helping to build meaningful life for me.
To apply: Applications are available at www.muiriosa.ie. (submit documents by email to the Recruitment Officer, as per the last page of the application or by post to the Recruitment Officer, HR Dept, Moore Abbey, Monasterevin, Co Kildare).
If you are unable to download an application form please telephone Tel: 045532217 during office hours.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications: Friday 30th October 2020 @ 10am
Applications will not be accepted without the job reference being quoted i.e. CSBC017
Please note that for each position a panel may be formed.
The Muiríosa Foundation is an equal opportunities employer.