Good Shepherd Cork - Edel House: Social Care Worker (Relief)
A vacancy has arisen in Edel House for a Relief Social Care Worker.
Edel House provides emergency accommodation and support to homeless women and children.
This position involves working relief hours when the need arises.
Hours will involve shift work providing 24-hour cover, 7 days per week.
- Candidates must hold a professional social care or social work qualification.
- Have a minimum of 2 years working experience in a social care setting.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Manager of Edel House the candidate will:
- Possess the interpersonal and communication skills necessary to establish a trusting relationship with clients
- To develop and implement appropriate care plans and to ensure these are adhered to
- Assess housing and support needs using the Care and Case Management Assessment Tools and approach for this process
- To liaise with other individuals and agencies involved
- Adhere to the policies and procedures within Edel House
- Implement all organisational procedures and policies including health & Safety and child protection guidelines.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time
For Further information on the role please contact:
Carol O’Donohue, Social Care Leader, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application for the position can be made by completing GSC application form which is attached to this advert.
Closing date for application is Friday 30th October 2020, no later than 5:00pm by email to email@example.com
Applications will only be accepted on the official application form. CV’s will not be accepted.