Dublin Simon Community: Maintenance Operator
As a Maintenance Operator, you will provide a high quality maintenance service in Dublin Simon Community properties and co-ordinate outsourced repairs where required. Provide guidance and support to colleagues on property maintenance programmes. You’ll report to the Facilities Manager. This role may vary depending on the requirements of the organisation.
Your core responsibilities include:
- Inspect grounds, facilities, and equipment routinely to determine necessary repairs or maintenance.
- Repair & maintenance of Dublin Simon Community properties.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate outsourced maintenance (which require a qualified contractor e.g. electrical works).
- Source materials, prepare venue, monitor and oversee the maintenance programme.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety and report any concerns to management.
- Reporting and logging all completed repairs on a continuous basis and supplying this log weekly to management.
- Support colleagues on property related activities as identified by your manager.
Please Note: The duties listed in this job description are not exhaustive and you may be expected to perform other duties as are reasonable in the course of your work with Dublin Simon Community
Location & Working Hours:
- Simon Community Properties - (95% of the work is Dublin based), Kildare, Meath, Wicklow, Louth, Cavan and Monaghan.
- Monday – Friday 9am – 5:30pm. 37.5 hours per week. 25 days annual leave.
What We Require:
- Full unrestricted driving licence.
- SafePass (or equivalent).
- Minimum of 3 years direct maintenance experience.
- Knowledge of building materials, health and safety, routine inspections of property and developing repair and maintenance schedules.
- Accountable, positive individual, who is an excellent communicator.
- Ability to work in an agile environment, with a problem-solving attitude.
- IT literate.
What You Will Receive
- Supportive colleagues & management team
- Dynamic & diverse work environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Clear progression Opportunities
At Dublin Simon Community, we are passionate about making home a reality. Our aim is to empower people to access and retain a home by providing housing, prevention, addiction treatment, emergency response and other targeted interventions, through advocacy and partnership.
Please note, shortlisting will be in progress throughout the period that the vacancy is live, so you may be called for interview and/or the vacancy may be filled before the closing date.
Application due date: 25/10/2020
For queries relating to this position please telephone (01) 635 4800