Anew Support Services: Senior Service Manager
Job Title: Senior Service Manager
Reporting to: CEO, Head Office
Location: Dublin (with travel)
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Closing Date: 27th October 2020
Anew Support Services (Anew) provides a range of practical and emotional supports for pregnant women and new mothers who are experiencing or at risk of experiencing homelessness. Anew’s aim is to provide rapid exits from homelessness and improve post-natal outcomes for the women and babies who use our services.
The Senior Service Manager will have overall responsibility for the Accommodation and Support Services in Anew, The post holder will work closely with Anew’s CEO and will have responsibility for managing and leading staff and volunteers within Anew’s accommodation and associated support services. A priority of the job holder will be to further promote excellence within Anew’s award-winning services, develop funding streams and enhance the caring and empowering culture that exists across all facets of the service.
There is a requirement for the successful candidate to be flexible in their approach and in their hours of work to ensure the needs of the organisation are met. There may be a need to assign additional or alternative duties dependent on the needs of the organisation.
Management and Leadership
- Provide leadership, management and support to the team, including paid staff, volunteers, scheme staff etc.
- Ensure the safe and compliant operation of Anew’s Supported Temporary Accommodation Service for Homeless Pregnant Women in Swords, Dublin.
- Manage and develop the range of Day Services associated with our service for pregnant women and new mothers based in Pearse Street, Dublin 2.
- Continue to develop the good community support and integration the STA has achieved in Fingal County Council and beyond.
- Manage the staff team and rosters to ensure full staff cover 365 days a years, 24/7.
- Recruit staff as required.
- Ensure regular team meetings are held by the Accommodation Team Leader.
- Lead quarterly assessments to review the model of service delivery.
- Ensure all required policies are in place and ensure the staff team follow the operational procedures relating to the policies.
- Management of the facilities operated by Anew to ensure the safety of all who visit or work there, through implementation of proper security and safe practices.
- Promote the development and sharing of good practice in the delivery of services within Anew.
- Foster an atmosphere of ongoing practice development to maintain excellent outcomes for the client group.
Organisation and Administration
- Manage the operational budget, ensuring the service comes in on budget.
- Collaborate with the Finance Officer, ensuring that all financial practices are in line with policies.
- Collate and coordinate returns required for funders and/or statutory authorities.
- Compile and coordinate statistics relating to Key Performance Indicators through the use of PASS, Outcome Star Online and internal systems.
- Preparation of reports as requested by the CEO and others, including Board Reports.
- Contribute to the development of the annual report and provide relevant information regarding the homeless service in relation to finance, case studies and statistics.
- Attendance at meetings as required, both internal and external.
- Networking and representing the organisation at events (may take place outside of office hours).
- Represent the organisation at Sector and Government level and maintain relationships with key representatives.
- Ensure the organisation is represented at related conferences and summits.
- Develop key relationships with funders and any other key organisations.
- Contribute to the website and social media content for Anew’s Services.
- Support the CEO in representing the organisation on media related issues concerning Anew’s services.
- Promote the work of Anew through liaison with businesses, media, core supporters etc.
Corporate Governance and Compliance
- Manage the implementation and compliance of best practice in corporate governance, legal requirements and regulations to ensure that Anew is fully compliant with Funding Organisations’ requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety regulations.
- Continually re-assess the operational risks inherent in the provision of services, taking account of changes in legal and regulatory requirements and best practice.
- Hold the Designated Liaison role for Child Protection issues for the organisation and submit Child Protection reports as required.
- Process Garda vetting applications for the organisation.
- Develop Anew’s Accommodation and Support services to respond to emerging need.
- Identify new areas of funding to support the Homeless Accommodation Service.
- Develop comprehensive proposals for funding.
- Identify funding calls and submit applications as appropriate.
Our rights and responsibilities
- We treat all in contact with our service with dignity and respect, promoting a culture of unconditional positive regard at all times.
- We ensure the confidentiality of personal information concerning service users, whilst acknowledging the needs for the professional sharing of information within the relevant staff team.
- All in contact and working in the service are expected to contribute to the promotion, creation and maintenance of a welcoming, safe, caring and stable service.
- We recognise clients as expert through experience, promoting their participation in all aspects of service delivery
- We encourage women to develop as peer mentors with the aim of peer led programmes.
Requirements and Qualifications
- The successful candidate will hold an honours degree in the Social Care, Social Work or relevant discipline etc.
- Further studies or training in management and leadership.
- Additional qualifications in housing, addiction, mental health and safety or crisis prevention would also be advantageous.
- At least 3 year’s management experience in the voluntary sector.
- A minimum of 10 years working in a residential, parent unit and/or homeless facility.
- A minimum of 4 years supporting and supervising a client facing team.
- Extensive experience of working in or with voluntary sector services.
- Experience in liaising and negotiating with statutory funding providers.
- Experience of successful development, management, implementation and evaluation of complex project plans.
- Knowledge of the relevant National Policies relating to the areas of Homelessness, Aftercare, Maternity care and children.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the roles and responsibilities of statutory agencies such as Dublin Regional Homeless Executive and Tusla in relation to homelessness and social care.
- Knowledge of Key Performance Indicators for homelessness and early childhood.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and policy and the incorporation/implementation of both within the working environment.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, in individual and group situations. Ability to gain rapport with and to relate to a wide variety of audiences both internally and externally.
- Excellent IT skills and proficient in Microsoft Office.
- A positive outlook with resilience and persistence in the face of barriers and setbacks.
- An ability to set vision for a service.
- Project Management skills.
- An ability to write reports in a clear, concise and structured manner.
If you have the desire to join an organisation where you will have the opportunity to be part of the evolution of a dynamic service and create a real impact on the work and direction of the organisation, please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and garda vetting.