Society of Saint Vincent de Paul: Deputy Senior Operations Manager – North West, Mid-West & South West
Deputy Senior Operations Manager – North West, Mid-West & South West Fixed Term Contract
Reference No: DSOMNWMWSW1020
Location: National Office (further details in Job Description)
Duration: Full Time (Fixed Term 1 Year)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Published: 12 October 2020
Closing Date: 4PM Monday 26 October 2020
The SVP is a large, national, voluntary organisation with extensive experience of working with a diverse range of people who experience poverty and exclusion. Through its network of over 12,000 volunteers it is strongly committed to working for social justice and advocates the creation of a more just and caring society. SVP employs around 1000 staff (including those on employment schemes) to support volunteers in a variety of settings including housing and hostels, community care, shops, administration and other specialist areas.
Working as part of the National Homeless Services team, the postholder will provide interim management to the operational delivery of SVP’s Homeless Services, during a transitional period of strategic change. The post holder will be responsible for contingency planning re COVID 19 & Cold Weather Planning, supporting local management teams (LMTs) with daily operational matters such as staffing/incidents; liaising with LMTs and funders re SLA’s/supporting documentation and ensuring compliance with local budgets/local financial controls
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- A third level qualification in a relevant discipline is required for this role (e.g. Social Care, Social Sciences, or Social Work; Business, Management; or Humanities).
- A relevant post-graduate qualification is desirable, though not essential.
- Additional qualifications in management, housing, addiction, mental health, health and safety or crisis prevention would also be an asset.
- At least 3 years management experience in the voluntary sector, preferably in a residential or community homelessness-based setting or housing setting.
- 5 years’ experience of work with marginalised groups, desirably within the homeless sector.
- Extensive experience of managing teams including off site management.
- Experience of supervising staff at management level.
- Experience of budget management and planning.
- Knowledge of structure of local and regional homeless services.
- An understanding of why people become homeless and the issues they present with, particularly in relation to substance misuse and mental health issues.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and policy and the incorporation/ implementation of both within the working environment.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, in individual and group situations.
If you have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organisations, please go to www.svp.ie/Jobs for details on how to apply, including full job description and application form. You can apply online directly at www.svp.ie/jobs or post your completed application form to Human Resources, SVP House, 91-92 Sean McDermott Street, Dublin 1.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted for interview.