Roscommon Volunteer Centre: Manager
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
Volunteer Centre Manager
Roscommon Volunteer Centre is a newly formed branch of Volunteer Ireland.
Until now a partial volunteer service was provided by the Roscommon Volunteering Information Service. We have received funding to set up an independent, full service Volunteer Centre for County Roscommon. The new board is delighted to recruit a Centre Manager to head up this exciting venture.
The centre will provide a county-wide service to people who wish to volunteer some of their time to non-profit organisations, and to non-profits in sourcing volunteers to help them pursue their aims.
Our purpose is to support the people of Roscommon to have a flourishing, vibrant community, with volunteering at its heart.
Roscommon Volunteer Centre provides a service which matches individuals who would like to volunteer, with non-profit organisations who involve volunteers in their activities. Advice and support is offered to both volunteers and non-profit organisations through a range of services including information, consultation, volunteer management training and National Vetting Bureau (NVB) administration. Roscommon Volunteer Centre is a non-profit organisation funded by the Department of Rural and Community Development.
The Centre Manager will report to the Chairperson and Board of Directors of Roscommon Volunteer Centre.
Role: To manage, promote, support and deliver the aims and objectives of Roscommon Volunteer Centre in line with its work plan, ethos and policies and in accordance with the directions of its Board of Directors. We welcome creativity, originality and innovation in the attainment of these objectives.
Key areas of work include:
Ensure the following:
- Develop and manage volunteering in the County o Promote and develop the concept of volunteering throughout the entire community.
- Liaising with Volunteer Involving Organisations, consulting with them on their needs and matching these with the skills available.
- Supporting Volunteer Involving Organisations in other ways, as appropriate.
- Liaising with other organisations, as appropriate
- Maximise volunteering opportunities throughout County Roscommon.
- Organise placement and volunteer management work.
- Determine barriers to volunteering for certain target groups and seek solutions.
- Keep up to date with volunteering matters, both regionally and nationally.
- Recruit, lead, co-ordinate and support a team of paid staff, job schemes CE/Tús and volunteers.
- Be the NVB Liaison Person for the organisation and undertake all associated duties
The Community, and Voluntary Groups
- Consult and network with the community and with voluntary groups, keeping them informed and supported with information on good practice with respect to all aspects of volunteering.
- Provide training for local organisations in areas relevant to volunteering.
Managing the Finances
- Use appropriate reporting techniques to feed back to all funders.
- Identify and avail of additional funding opportunities and future project developments for the centre
- Prepare funding applications and participate in fundraising
- Prepare service and budgetary reports, reviews and projections
- Prepare reports for the board, in consultation with the Chairperson,
- Organise board meetings and AGM.
- Attend part of board meetings, and take notes as appropriate.
- Organise and run the centre in an efficient and effective manner, in accordance with the directions of the Board of Management.
- Organise and manage the usage of the centre as a community facility for the non-profit sector in County Roscommon.
- Keep appropriate and up-to-date records.
- Ensure that all activites are conducted in accordance with good governance and with the principles of the Charities Regulatory Authority
Networking and Relationships
- Attend regional and national volunteer centre managers’ meetings
- Run training and information events for volunteers
- Run training and information events for volunteer engaging organisations
- Celebrate relevant national and international days, such as National Volunteering Week etc.
- Promote Roscommon Volunteer Centre at local and regional events and festivals
- Participate in events which would enhance the profile of Roscommon Volunteer Centre.
Publicity and Communications
- Promote Roscommon Volunteer Centre in media
- Develop and maintain an up to date presence on all appropriate social media platforms
- Communicate with stakeholders in relation to Roscommon Volunteer Centre news and developments e.g. annual get-together, newsletters etc.
- Keep the Roscommon Volunteer Centre website up to date
- Make effective use of website.
- Maintain all volunteer data in accordance with iVol system of Volunteer Ireland.
- Maintain all relevant data as appropriate on Salesforce.
- Ensure that data and systems are secure, with proper archiving, backup and storage.
Highly Desirable / Preferable
- Third level degree and / or similar professional qualification
- Human resource, financial, and office management skills
- Commitment to the development of volunteering throughout County Roscommon
- Relevant management experience
- IT literate, with proficiency in Salesforce or similar client relationship management package
- Full clean driving licence and use of own car is essential.
- Flexibility, with a willingness to travel throughout the County and work outside normal office hours
- Experience as National Vetting Bureau liaison person and familiarity with the process
- Familiarity with the public service system and local government in Ireland
- Experience of working in the community and voluntary sector, and knowledge of the issues impacting volunteerism in Ireland.
- Experience of public relations planning and delivery
- Facilitation skills and training experience
- Experience in event management
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Salary will be based on the experience and qualifications of the successful candidate.
Please send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 12 noon Monday 19th October.