Dara Community Living: Residential Support Workers
Residential Support Workers
Residential Roster - Flexible hours available
1 Year Fixed Term
Dara Community Living provides supported living to people with Intellectual Disabilities to live ordinary lives in their community.
A new supported living arrangement is being developed for a gentleman whom presents with Asperger’s and wishes to live in the Dublin region (west/Dublin 8 area). The successful candidate will provide support with daily living skills in this gentleman’s home and act as a strong role model, demonstrating a commitment to a person-centred approach.
Location is not yet established – the area may be in the Dublin West region.
- Provide support in a community based residential home (sleepovers and day support)
- Provide emotional support based on building a rapport of trust
- Assist with the development of skills for independent living
- Support the person to be an active participant in their local community
- Support and building capacity for interdependence in community and social networks
- Assist and support essential everyday skills such as, self-care, laundry, general housekeeping and cooking skills A full, clean driving licence is required for this position
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POST:
- Level 7 award in Social Care/Studies delivered by an Institute of Technology, DIT or National University of Ireland
- A relevant qualification received outside the State recognised by NARIC as equivalent to the Irish Level 7 award.
- Relevant third level qualification at degree level i.e. mental health or Intellectual disability nursing, social work, psychology, and/or allied health.
- Post-graduate qualification in Autism Studies
Salary Scale: Successful candidates will be paid in line with 2019 HSE revised consolidated Social Care Worker pay scale or Nursing scale depending on qualifications.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- At least one-year recent experience in the social care/disability sector preferably in residential settings.
- Comfortable and experienced with lone working.
- Available to work a residential roster with sleepover and weekend duty.
- Experience responding appropriately to any concerns.
- Experience in liaising and networking with community services.
- Ability to promote independence – supporting others to learn life skills.
- An understanding of the social model of disability.
- Be a mindful reflective professional.
- Experience of supporting individuals with a diagnosis of ASD.
JOIN OUR TEAM – BENEFITS
- Access to Educational Support Scheme
- Company pension with company contribution (including income protection and death-in-service benefits)
- Employee Assistant Programme
- Free Parking
- Bike to Work scheme
- Training and development (CPD)
- Option to join the Health Service credit union
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications via cover letter and up to date CV to be forwarded to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is no later than 5pm Friday 2nd October 2020.
Shortlisting will apply, only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Dara Community Living is an equal opportunities employer