Tabor Group: Relief Support Worker
Employer: Tabor Group
Job title: Relief Support Worker
Hours of Work: Dayshifts/Nightshifts/Weekend cover both day and night shifts.
Location: Various Facilities
Job Type: Fixed Term (12months)
Reports to: Clinical Director
Purpose: To assist staff teams in providing a quality service to clients as they progress through their therapeutic programme. A Relief Support worker participates as part of a therapeutic team and is expected to act as a viable resource to clients and staff.
- Tabor Lodge -Primary addiction treatment Residential Centre
- Fellowship House- Secondary treatment Centre
- Step down accommodation
Values: Dignity & respect; Compassion; Honesty, Consistency & Responsibility; Safety & Security; Committed to Quality.
Contact Email: Jcalnan@taborgroup.ie
Tabor Group is a leading provider of residential addiction treatment services in Ireland. We provide support and care to hundreds of clients each year suffering from addictions to alcohol, substances, gambling and food. Tabor Group offers hope, healing and recovery to addicted people and their families through integrated and caring services.
In addition to our residential facilities, we provide a continuing care programme to people who have completed treatment to assist with their recovery, and offer counselling to families whose loved ones are struggling with an addiction.
Role Responsibilities: (Include, but limited to)
- To engage with and build a professional and trusting relationship with clients treating them with dignity and respect in order to work within the values of Tabor Group.
- To perform all the duties relating to the facility, and to ensure that the immediate social needs of clients are met.
- To perform the practical tasks of caring for the client to ensure that night time running of the house is maintained (e.g., standards of living, hygiene of the facility, health and safety,) at the highest possible level.
- To support the client’s if/when there is activity throughout the night.
- To work within the policies of Tabor Group in order to ensure that a consistent delivery of service and quality standards are adhered to in a drug and alcohol free environment.
- To complete all administrative tasks such as handover reports, rent receipts and relevant form filling are completed appropriately in order to ensure that the facility runs smoothly and effectively.
- To update internal client case management database, log interventions and care plans onto the system.
- To ensure that all information pertaining to clients is communicated effectively in the handover and via email to the relevant case workers
- To perform as a team member supporting colleagues, participating in effective handovers and being open to reasonable requests from facility manager in order to ensure effective work relationships
- Minimum FETAC level 6 or equivalent in social care or related field.
- Working towards a recognised Diploma or Degree.
- Experience of working with drug and alcohol users and/or excluded groups.
- Experience of working with women in recovery.
- A working knowledge of Health and Safety, and the implications for the working environment.
- A knowledge of good practice in working with drug and alcohol users and other excluded groups.
- Knowledge of legislation affecting the sector
- Has good awareness of self and others, grounded in the “here and now” with good anticipation and observational skills
- Has excellent communication skills and can present information in a way that is not over simplistic or complicated.
- Enjoys working with people, is approachable, and demonstrates warm and friendly mannerisms, while being clear and explicit about professional and personal boundaries.
- Has a “can do” attitude and a positive solution focused approach to problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Uses assertive behavior, demonstrating dignity and respect for self and others at all times.
- Role models exemplary behavior and attitude – is honest, consistent, and responsible.
- Works as part of a team supporting the objectives of the Tabor Group.
- Is open to appropriate challenges and confrontation from clients at the required time and place and is open to feedback and appraisal from colleagues and management.
- Respect for the ethos and values of Tabor Group.
- Commitment to working within an environment which promotes Equal Opportunities and has regard for the Health and Safety of others.
Interested candidates who meet the Person Specification requirements should send their CV & cover letter to John Calnan Operations Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 12noon on Wednesday 30th September 2020.
Tabor Group is an equal opportunities employer.