Our Lady of Lourdes Community Services Group: Community Employment Supervisor
Community Employment Supervisor
Full Time position – 39 hours per week
Duration: 1-year Full Time with possibility of extension.
The CE Supervisor’s responsibility is to ensure the effective and efficient management and co-ordination of the human, financial and material resources of the CE Scheme and report to the Sponsoring Committee on its implementation. The core aspect of the role is to provide opportunity, support and to coach CE Participants towards gaining the skills and competencies in preparation for employment. A clear understanding of the role of the Community Employment Supervisor as it pertains to project management and programme delivery to long-term unemployed.
Do you have what it takes to be our next CE Supervisor?
Candidates must be able to demonstrate the following:
- CE Supervisor candidates (including temporary replacements) must have attained a Major 3rd level qualification (NFQ Level 6 or higher) in Business/Financial Administration, Training, Human Resources, Project Management or related disciplines and have 3 years’ supervisory experience.
- Minor/component awards at Level 6 or higher are insufficient.
- Excellent ICT skills are also essential (e.g. MS Office).
- Full clean driving licence / access to a car that can be used for work purposes. (an advantage)
- Knowledge of Post - Have a solid understanding of the role of the Community Employment Supervisor as it pertains to project management and programme delivery to long-term unemployed and vulnerable adults. Display responsibility, commitment and motivation to implement the objectives of the Community Employment Programme.
- Work Experience - Previous supervisory and people management experience relevant to the post as well as experience in programme administration, project management and/or training.
- Interpersonal Skills - Effective communication skills. Competent report writing skills. Experience of working with vulnerable individuals and long term unemployed. Capable of directing, motivating, coaching and mentoring programme participants.
- Team working – Proven ability as a team player who enjoys being part of small team, supporting and leading as needed, sharing information and expertise, building relationships and working collaboratively within immediate team and across a wider organisation.
- Salary will be in line with DEASP rates which ranges from €33,259.72 to €40170.00 after 4 years’ experience as a CE supervisor.
(Point 1 - €639.61 Point 2 - €683.86 Point 3 - €728.14 Point 4 - €772.50)
- Annual leave entitlement of 20 days per annum.
- Paid sick leave
Link to job description: https://www.ololcsg.ie/recruitment
How do I apply for this great position?
To apply please include the following in your application:
- Letter of introduction that will clearly outline why you are suitable for this role
- Detailed CV with contact details of two references
Closing date for applications is: Wednesday 30th September 2020 at 12 noon.
It is expected that interviews will take place on 5th October 2020.
Shortlisting will apply. Not all applicants will be invited for interview.
Applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All candidates will be required to undergo Garda Vetting. Police clearance will be required for any candidate who has resided outside of the State for more than 6 months.