Carrick Camphill Community: Social Care Quality & Safety Coordinator
Social Care Quality & Safety Coordinator
A Social Care Quality & Safety Coordinator is required to fill this full-time post. To fill this post, you will need a strong management and leadership background, experience of working with people with intellectual disability offering person centered support. You will require a sound understanding of regulatory requirements; have skills to lead the safe support to residents within a complex residential environment. Ability to deliver and effective Safety Service and Quality Improvement Programme. You will have strong business skills and be qualified in social care. You will need to be committed to personal development and working as part of a team.
The post provides the opportunity to work as part of a committed team, a competitive salary and access to collaborative and learning work within a leading national organisation. This is a fulltime salaried position which will be 40 hours per week and may include being on call at evenings and at weekends. All appointments will be subject to Garda Vetting.
The community provides Residential Lifesharing Services, Day Opportunities and Support Services, and Supported Living for a total of 14 adults with special needs. Camphill is an organisation with a strong voluntary ethos and includes many voluntary and vocational coworkers some of whom also live in the community.
- To coordinate the Community’s Quality & Safety functions and responsibilities.
- To contribute to national processes for the management of all quality, safety and compliance practices, in line with legislative, regulatory, contractual obligations and best practice within the industry.
- To ensure an effective and compliant operational safety, as well as that health and safety systems are established and implemented and continuously improved.
- To implement Community reporting systems to Regional and National for quality, safety, and compliance processes
- To provide relevant and timely reports on quality, safety, and compliance matters to the Regional manager to include trending information, incidents, accidents, near misses and compliance statistics.
- To maintain the Community’s input to the National Risk Register in a timely and clear manner
- To ensure that all processes developed and implemented are done so through a person-centred model that respects the Rights, Will and Preference of the people that we support and to ensure the highest standards are met.
- To support the Social Care Manager/PiC in the Community to establish quality and safety committees as part of the local and national governance structures
- To support the Social Care Manager/PiC in the Community to develop appropriate processes for the management of quality, safety, and compliance matters to include Quality Improvement Plans and Safeguarding, Incidents, Accident and Complaints registers in compliance with National policies and procedures and ensure a programme or continuous improvement is implemented.
- To provide relevant and timely reports to the Social Care Manager/PiC Camphill of your Community and Regional Manager on all matters relating to quality, safety, and compliance and maintaining appropriate registers and logs
- To support the Social Care Manager/PiC and Community teams in your Community to identify and develop best practice in supporting people to achieve their outcomes
- To continually lead and model person centred practices in all processes and initiatives being implemented
- Acting in the role as Designated Officer in relation to safeguarding issues. Dealing with allegations of abuse in line with CCoI policy – reporting and liaising with all relevant bodies (National Safeguarding, Hse, Tulsa, Hiqa, Gardai and families etc).
- To deputise for the Social Care Manager/PiC in the event of their absence
- To liaise with relevant regulatory and compliance bodies to implement a full audit and inspection programme and implement corrective actions in a timely manner
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience
- Level 8 qualification in Social Care or in a relevant professional discipline.
- At least 2 years management experience at a similar level of responsibility
- At least 3 years’ experience in the health/social care or voluntary sector
- Detailed understanding of developments at national and sectoral level in relation to quality and safety within disability services.
Details of the Role:
Salary Scale: €42,000
Location: Carrick Camphill Community, Castle Street, Carrick on Suir, Co Tippeary
Contract: Permanent - Fulltime 40 hours
Closing date: Noon Friday 25th September 2020
How to apply
Please email your application form, current cv and, cover letter to email@example.com
For queries or full job description please contact Grainne Hassett at the address above or Phone 087 1194800
Candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted by Tuesday 29th September for interviews being held between the 01ST October – 08th October September 2020
Please note all posts are subject to Garda Vetting & Reference checking.
Camphill is an equal opportunities employer