Accessible Community Transport Southside: Transport Manager
Accessible Community Transport Southside
Unit 9A, Nutgrove Enterprise Park
Nutgrove Way, Rathfarnham
Tel: 2921573 / 2921574 E Mail: email@example.com www.actsltd.ie
Company Number: 345726 Charity Number: 14990
TRANSPORT MANAGER VACANCY
Accessible Community Transport Southside (ACTS) is a not for profit, social enterprise specifically formed to provide door to door accessible transport to people with disabilities /people with limited mobility across the County Council areas of Dun Laoghaire Rathdown and Dublin South. Our mission is to provide accessible affordable and reliable transport to people with disabilities (primarily to wheelchair users and people relying on rollators) whose accessible transport needs are not being met by public or private transport provision.
Accessible Community Transport Southside is part funded by the Pobal administered Community Services Programme through the Department of Community and Rural Affairs.
Accessible Community Transport Southside a Manager who will have responsibility for the coordination and delivery of the accessible transport service.
Key Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Dealing with the day to day finances of the enterprise including monitoring of cash flow, income and expenditure levels and grant applications
- Dealing with staff on a daily basis in terms of their work schedules, timesheets, work rotas, payroll, holiday leave and sick leave and other HR related issues
- Supervising the scheduling of all bookings on various runs to ensure that the drivers schedule is workable and within their hours
- Dealing with care and maintenance of the all of the Fleet in terms of regular service, DOE tests, tax discs applications, Fleet insurance, IWA blue card and Egis card for tolled roads and linking with the RSA as required
- Overseeing the Governance of ACTS from Board meetings to ensuring minutes of meetings and agenda are prepared and sending out reminders for next meeting
- Dealing with the Charities Governance Code and related obligations
- Liaising with the Company Accountant to prepare quarterly Profit and Loss reports for the Board once the bank reconciliation for that period has been completed. Liaising with the company auditor and having all relevant files ready in terms of preparing the annual financial statements.
- Dealing with office administration in terms of ensuring that the Scheduling system of CTX is applied correctly and monthly invoices created in Sage 50 Accounts Also in terms of Sage 50 accounts: input bank lodgements, prepare for and carry out monthly bank reconciliation.
The Manager will be responsible for liaising with our main funders, Pobal, on all matters including;
- Completing the 6 monthly returns,
- Preparing the 3 year funding application
- Providing updates and reports as required
- Confirming operations/spend is in line with funding criteria etc
The Manager will also be responsible for dealing with ACTS Travel club membership: responding to queries from individuals, groups and regular users of the service and working to ensure the growth and development of the service.
Along with implementing continued efficiency improvements to the company the manager will also be responsible for the creation and implementation of fundraising ideas and activities to assist with raising funds for the purchase of new vehicles.
The Manager will report to the Chairperson and to the Board of Directors
Conditions of Appointment:
The appointment will be for a 12 month period, with potential to extend dependant on overall funding and performance. Proposed start date is 1st December 2020
The Salary will be €35,000 gross and will be reviewed after year one.
Candidates must have:
- Minimum of 3 years relevant supervisory experience
- A good understanding of Transport management with strong financial experience and experience of working in the Community and Voluntary sector is desirable.
- Organisational ability to manage deadlines and to work accurately under pressure
- High level of communication skills both verbal and written
- A knowledge and understanding of Social Inclusion issues particularly as they relate to people with disabilities
Applications marked Manager of ACTS to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include a cover letter (no more than 2 pages) outlining your suitability for this position and an up to date CV (no more than 2 pages), including details of referees.
Following on from the first interview short listed candidates will be required to make a brief presentation at a second interview.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday 30th September, by 5pm, and it is proposed to interview in week beginning 5th October 2020.
Accessible Community Transport Southside is an equal opportunities employer