Clúid Housing: Property Surveyor
Role: Property Surveyor
Location of Employment 159-161 Sheriff Street Upper, Dublin 1
(Role will be predominately Dublin and South East based with travelling as required across the East Region)
Reporting to Building Surveying Manager
Salary €45,049 - €56,632 per annum
Probation 6 months
Hours Full time
Leave 22 days (+ 3 days office closure at Christmas)
Travel The post requires a valid driving licence and the use of a car for business purposes. Mileage Allowance Operates
Clúid Housing is a progressive and dynamic not-for-profit Irish housing association.
Clúid Housing is an equal opportunities employer and proud to be have been recognised as a top employer in Ireland. At Clúid Housing we firmly believe that our success is down to our dedicated and growing staff body working in every corner of Ireland. Our company is made up of talented people who bring enthusiasm, confidence, expertise, professionalism and respect to our business. You can meet some of our team by clicking here. Our staff consistently work towards achieving our vision of creating a society where everyone has a great place to live.
Our employees benefit from a great working environment, great learning opportunities, a supportive management team and an extensive benefits package:
Excellent & Continuous Training
Flexible Working Arrangements
Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
Excellent Employee Benefits
Application form is available here: https://cluid.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=25
If the above appeals to you, then keep reading.....and remember Clúid Housing is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Property Services Directorate
The Property Services Department is responsible for ensuring our customers continue to live in high quality homes through the delivery of comprehensive and effective asset management services. Whilst our focus may be the “bricks and mortar”, we recognise the need to design our services to meet our current and future customers’ needs, offering choice where possible and ensuring that our tenants and their families always enjoy warm, safe and affordable homes.
The Department has a Dublin based Repairs Team (Clúid Works), supporting three regionally based repairs trade teams delivering a comprehensive repairs service across country. This team works alongside the Asset Management Team, which is also split geographically, and manages the planned and cyclical programmes of work and supports the New Business Team bringing new properties into management.
Role: Property Surveyor
Role Overview: To work with the Building Surveying Manager to ensure all necessary property services are delivered to a high quality across all our homes and estates. The role is varied and may include property surveys, contractor procurement & management, stock condition surveys, clerk of work services, defect diagnosis, snagging and tendering. Much of the work will be in people’s homes and will require empathy, respect and diplomacy at all times.
Stock Condition Survey
- To survey a range of properties according to a predetermined programme
- Verify current stock condition of the properties and identify all necessary attribute information
- Update the management information system accordingly
- Validate all asset related data currently held
- To undertake a range of surveying duties to the association’s property stock portfolio
- Carry out a range of surveys to include structural surveys, condition surveys, snag lists, etc., providing comprehensive reports for same
- Offer advice and support to customers and other non-technical staff
- Inspect and prepare reports / specifications on defects and other property condition issues including tendering and contract supervision
- Prepare cyclical and planned programme and service contracts tenders
Tenders/ contract Management
- Assist in the procurement of contractors and consultants alike
- Assist in the procurement and management of the planned programme and ad hoc minor refurbishment / repair works
- Liaise with tenants and contractors on the cyclical planned programme and quality control
- Management of service contract providers and inspection of work
- Provide support to the Building Surveying Manager as required
- Support and offer advice to local Housing Officers and scheme based staff
- Quality checks on private contractor works
- Clerk of works role on new build schemes
- Assist the Clúid Works Team on the delivery of the Responsive Repairs.
- Attend training appropriate to your role and ensure continuing professional development
- To fulfil all care and high standards regarding both Clúid’s and your own health and safety obligations.
- To positively promote the Association in all activities
- To exercise discretion in all aspects of the role
- Willing to travel with occasional overnight stay as necessary
- Any other duties which are consistent with your role
Key competencies required in the role
- Asset management & Project management
- Communication / influencing
- Customer service and teamwork
- Financial management
Education / Qualifications
- Minimum of Degree required in Building Surveying or related area
- Managing Safely in Construction Certification -desirable
- Willingness to undertake professional development
Knowledge / Skills
- Specialist role related knowledge, especially building surveying, contract management and building pathology
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and compliance within a construction setting
- Communication skills – verbal and written, report writing, presentation
- Flexible and effective work style
- To plan and organise at organisational and personal level
- I.T. skills to intermediate level
- Attention to detail
- Financial control and budget management skills
- Problem solving
- Ability to set, satisfy and exceed targets
- Ability to work with work with people showing empathy and discretion
- 3+ Years’ experience in a similar role
- Property management - desirable
- Supervising on-site work programmes - desirable
- Experience of contract management in the construction industry - desirable
- Experience in property acquisition - desirable
The closing date for applications for this role is Thursday 24th September 2020 at noon.
It is anticipated that Interviews for the position will be held on week beginning 5th October 2020.