South Dublin County Partnership: ESOL Project Worker (Part-Time) - Lifelong Learning Team
ESOL Project worker (Lifelong Learning Team)
Temporary Part Time Contract
South Dublin County Partnership (SDC Partnership) is a Local Development Company primarily funded by the Irish Government to bring together local communities and state agencies to tackle the problems of unemployment and social exclusion. We develop projects and services to support sustainable and vibrant communities where people can realise their potential and experience a high quality of life. The focus of our activities is on areas where people experience disadvantage and our programmes of work are organised across key thematic areas: Community Development, Enterprise & Employment, Lifelong Learning, Children & Families and Health & Well Being.
The ESOL Project Worker will work as part of the lifelong learning team in the development and implementation of the programme of activities and actions and will be accountable on a day to day basis to the Manager.
- To facilitate the language service and support a team of volunteers and tutors to deliver a high-quality language service.
- To support migrants to engage in the service, through social activities and structured learning programs
- To provide training to volunteers to improve their teaching practice
- To lead in the design of a plan for the centre and to evaluate progress in meeting key performance indicators
- To identify gaps and needs and come up with innovative responses to meet those needs
- To advise and research online teaching pedagogies for online ESOL classes and workshops
- To manage a budget, provide reports and maintain the centre as welcoming and warm
- To manage a client data base, provide reports and evaluate outcomes for the centre.
The ideal candidates should have:
- A minimum of two years’ experience working in the area of social exclusion/community development
- At third level qualification in education or related discipline is desirable
- Experiencing of teaching and coordinating ESOL programmes
- Excellent communication, facilitation, organisational and reporting skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- A full clean driving licence
- Salary commensurate with experience
Application by post only. Envelope must be clearly marked ESOL Project Worker.
Three copies of your CV and cover letter should be addressed to:
Administration & Operation Department,
South Dublin County Partnership,
Nangor Road Business Park,
Nangor Road, Dublin 12.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 12 Noon 19th August.
Late applications cannot be considered. Please note that no individual correspondence will be entered into.
South Dublin County Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer.