St Christopher’s Services: Staff Nurses
This item has expired, and will soon be unavailable for viewing
St Christopher’s Services
St. Christopher's Service provides a person centred, comprehensive, efficient and innovative service to people with intellectual disabilities. It is a high quality, community-based service, based on identified individualised needs, enabling service users to reach their fullest potential. We are looking for staff who are committed to supporting people with disabilities and their families, in a person centred, community based, socially inclusive manner in accordance with our mission and national standards, underpinned by equity, quality, best practice and research.
35 hour Permanent Contract
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Our Service for a Staff Nurse. The post holder will maintain the highest attainable standards of person-centred care, to promote optimum independence and to enhance the quality of life of the Service User in all aspects of daily living. The staff nurse will assist and co-operate in the smooth running of the assigned area and willing to cross cover in all our residential houses.
- Be on the current register as maintained by An Bord Altranais / NMBI and preferably possess the RNID qualification.
- Up to date knowledge of best practice in the field of health and social care.
- Preferably have experience working with adults with an Intellectual Disability and must demonstrate an excellent understanding of the health, social and emotional needs of these individuals
- Knowledge and understanding of HIQA Standards and how they apply in practice & any other relevant legislative requirements.
- Knowledge and understanding of National Policy in terms of Child Protection and Safeguarding Vulnerable Persons
- Other Nursing Disciplines with relevant experience in the area of intellectual disability will be considered.
Informal enquiries to; Ms Marie Curran, Residential Manager, email, firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this position please forward a letter of application and completed application form to the HR Department, by email to email@example.com or by post to Human Resources Department, before closing date stated below. Please ensure that you include details of a current daytime contact number and/or e-mail address on your application form.
A detailed Job Description, Person Specification and Application Form can be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Department by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest date for receipt of completed applications is 12th August 2020
A panel may be formed should this vacancy arise again over the next twelve months. Department of Health and Children salary scales will apply. St Christopher’s is an equal opportunities employer.