Shine: Information and Support Officer (Kerry)
Shine Information and Support Officer (Kerry)
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Reporting: The Information and Support Officer will report to the Team Leader of Regional Services
Contract: Fixed term 12 month contract
Hours: 28 hours per week (occasional weekend and evening work may be required).
Salary: €22,664 per annum
Shine’s vision is of an Ireland where all those affected by mental ill health have the right to recovery and the opportunity to achieve the best quality of life. Our mission is to promote individual and family recovery.
- Support of Phrenz and Relatives’ groups (peer support groups) in the region
- Supervision of the facilitator(s) of the support group(s)
- Develop the programme of Phrenz and Relatives’ groups in the region
- Identify the need for new Phrenz and Relatives’ groups in the region, in consultation with local service providers and Shine Manager.
- Provide information to individuals and groups about Shine services
- Support and signpost groups and individuals to facilitate the development of their knowledge base and recovery plan
- Sustain and develop the recovery and empowerment model, which is an integral part of the work of Shine
- Liaise with other voluntary, statutory and community organisations in the region, in order to promote the aims and objectives of Shine
- Work in close liaison with the Regional HSE
- Keep all accounts as deemed necessary and adhere to Shine’s financial and accounting systems
- Maintain both hard copy and computing filing systems in accordance with Shine’s established practice
- Provide monthly reports
- Attend meetings as required
- Undertake such other duties as required by Shine
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Knowledge of mental health
- Ability to maintain professional standards with regard to clients and data confidentiality
- Full Drivers licence with own car preferable but not essential
- An empathetic and non-judgemental approach to working with marginalised groups
Experience and qualifications
- A recognised third level primary qualification in relevant discipline (e.g. Social Care, Humanities, Nursing)
- At least 2 year’s post qualification experience working in a relevant field
Application is by official Shine Application form ONLY. Curriculum Vitae (C.V.’s) will not be accepted. Send your completed Application Form in Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the subject field please enter ISO Kerry
Application Deadline:12 noon on Tuesday 18th August 2020
Conditions of Appointment:
All offers of posts are subject to Garda Vetting and completion of HSELand Children First E-learning programme prior to commencement of employment.
NOTE: Due to the anticipated large number of applicants, we will not be able to reply to unsuccessful candidates. We thank you for your interest and appreciate the time and effort you have taken to apply for the post on offer.