Dublin Simon Community: Housing Management Service Manager
At Dublin Simon Community, we are passionate about making home a reality.
Our aim is to empower people to access and retain a home by providing housing, prevention services, addiction treatment, emergency response and other targeted interventions, through advocacy and partnership.
About the job:
Reporting to the Head of Property, you will manage a team of Housing Officers to deliver Housing Management Services across the core functions of allocations, re-lets, estate management and rents.
Core Job Requirements:
- Ensure that Dublin Simon Community’s responsibilities as a landlord are met through compliance with RTB Guidelines and relevant legislation while maintaining resident involvement services to the highest standards in line with needs of tenants and the wider community
- Ensure full occupancy and minimised voids, working with all relevant stakeholders, around the allocation of new units and re-lets of existing units.
- Effective manage of current tenancies with regards to estate management, complaints and anti-social behaviour as appropriate to each situation,
- Be responsible for management, coordination, control and recovery of rent.
- Respond to requests for information effectively within set timescales, data protection guidelines and bring about resolutions at the earliest point of contact
- Represent the organisation at RTB hearings, access appropriate legal advice where necessary and provide support and assistance to team members
- Review all policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure that they are aligned to updates in legislation and organisational processes
- Review, monitor and ensure that appropriate standards of work are maintained across the organisation in partnership with other managers
- Work within the existing financial processes in Dublin Simon Community, ensuring that all outgoings are projected in the services annual budget and all invoices are paid in a timely manner
- Cultivate relationships with key external and internal stakeholders and partners. Represent the organisation at meetings with various agencies with regard to individual cases while acting in the best interests of the organisation and customers at all times
- Develop and achieve performance targets. Implement improvement plans with a focus on continuous improvement and value for money, while developing and sustaining a performance culture within the team
Note: The duties listed in this job description are not exhaustive and you may be expected to perform other duties as are reasonable in the course of your work with Dublin Simon Community.
What You Need
- Two years’ experience working in any of the following settings: • Housing • Homeless Services • Data Management • Project Management • Social Housing
- A recognised qualification to degree level in one of the following disciplines or a related discipline: • Housing; • Business; • Psychology; • Administration
- Full, clean drivers licence.
- Knowledge of Residential: Tenancies Board requirements • Management Reporting
Candidates without the necessary requirements will not be considered for the position.
What You Will Receive
- Supportive colleagues & management team
- Dynamic & diverse work environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Clear progression Opportunities
Location: Red Cow Lane, Smithfield, Dublin 7
Working Hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 5:30pm. 37.5 hours per week. 25 days annual leave.
What To Do Now
If you are interested, please apply using the link on this page.
Please note that we reserve the right to offer the position to a successful candidate prior to the deadline of receipt of applications and we advise that you apply early.
Dublin Simon Community does not require the assistance of recruitment agencies for this position. Any unsolicited CV’s from recruitment agencies will not be considered and may result in Dublin Simon Community not engaging with that recruitment agency in the future.
Application due date: 16/08/2020
For queries relating to this position please telephone (01) 635 4800