CASP Community Substance Misuse Team (Limerick): Team Leader
Applications are invited for the following position:
Team Leader, CASP Community Substance Misuse Team Based in Limerick City
The successful candidate will need to:
- Hold a recognized third level qualification in Addiction, Social/Health, Care/Community Development.
- Have a minimum of 3 years post qualification work experience in the areas of Substance Misuse and related issues, Community Development, Health & Social Care, or related fields.
- Have a working knowledge of Statutory, Community and Voluntary organisations working practices and effective inter-agency work.
- Have a working knowledge of related legislative and governing strategic objectives in relation to substance misuse and services for under 18s
- Have ability to work independently or on own initiative
- Evidence of flexibility in working within multi-disciplinary and multi-sectoral team’s.
- Experience of a supervisory role
- Show a commitment to community development principles
- Excellent interpersonal and group work skills
- Experience and evidence of managing a budget
- Knowledge of evidence based practices including ACRA, SFP, 5 Step Model in working with adolescents and family members
- Excellent IT Skills
The post holder will be required to,
- To produce regular progress reports for the Project Manager/Management Committee
- Ensure that all work done complies with both organisational and statutory health and safety regulations and legislation.
- To establish and maintain a good working relationship with other agencies
- High standard of written and verbal communication skills
- To work with team to produce set targets and outcomes as agreed with the Mid Western Regional Drug and Alcohol Forum and the HSE
- A high degree of initiative and ability to work on their own or as part of a team
- Engage with community groups and family focussed services within the community through mutually appropriate forums
- Excellent negotiation and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage, lead, and motivate multidisciplinary staff in a challenging environment.
- Ability to develop, plan, monitor and evaluate services and resources to ensure the provision of a holistic care package to meet the needs of service users.
- Will have integrity and flexibility in response to the needs of service users.
- Management experience a distinct advantage
- Hold a full clean Drivers Licence.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- The Manager will be responsible for the day –to- day running of the Service and will report to Project Manager.
- Interact with Project manager in identifying, developing, supporting, and influencing initiatives that impact effectively on service users.
- Manage the service in line with organisation’s policy and procedures and accepted best practice to ensure that a high quality service is provided at all times.
- Networking and representing the organisation on a variety of levels.
- Liaising with HSE and other voluntary, statutory agencies.
- Convene regular Team Meetings for information sharing, planning, review and evaluation.
- Supervise and support staff team in the provision of high quality services to users, and to monitor and evaluate on an on-going basis.
- Prepare and submit annual Service Plan to the agencies providing funding for the service.
- Manage, monitor and evaluate all expenditure in relation to Project Actions in conjunction with administrator and project manager
- Identification of potential development issues within the service.
- Ensure that issues relating to Health and Safety of staff and service users are promptly addressed in an appropriate manner.
This is a full time post with some occasional evening and weekend work required.
This post is offered on a one year contract, is subject to funding and present incumbent taking up new role. A 6 month probationary period is standard and A panel may be formed from which all future vacancies will be filled.
Interviews will take place on the 17th August in CSMT in Limerick City.
Funded through the HSE by the Mid-West Regional Drugs Task Force