Inishturk Community Club: Community Development Office Administrator
Community Development Office Administrator – Inishturk Community Club CLG, Co. Mayo
Inishturk Community Club CLG is a non-profit community enterprise responsible for running services and facilities on Inishturk Island, such as the bar, restaurant, shop and activity pitch. We are also responsible for development, tourism and events on the Island.
We are currently recruiting a Community Development Office Administrator to work collaboratively with senior management. This is a part-time role (24 hours per week) and the salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. You will be expected to work from the office on Inishturk, however flexibility will be given in relation to working from home on occasion.
- Be responsible for all aspects of the organisation’s finance and budget concerns. This includes managing accounts receivable and accounts payable, designing and implementing the budget, and handling any investments or capital expenditures in which the organisation might engage.
- Manage and implement best practice of the financial function and provide ongoing support to the Coordinator.
- Ensure that all payments the company owes have been made and monitor incoming payments and revenue to maintain a proper cash flow.
- All invoices are entered on Quick Books, referenced and paid on a weekly basis.
- All lodgements and daily takings books for Club, Shop and Restaurant are recorded and entered as invoices and deposits on Quick Books.
- Quarterly VAT Returns to revenue for Club, Shop and Restaurant.
- Produce a budget, working closely with the Coordinator.
- Make regular reports on the current and future state of the company’s finances and financial plans.
- Have responsibility for all Inishturk Community Club CLG accounts
- Responsibility for IBB Banking and manage cash lodgements.
- Administration of community programmes, filing returns, accompanied by bank reconciliation and bank statements.
- Prepare for audit and liaise with accountant regarding any financial queries that may arise during the audit.
- Pay salaries and issue payslips to all staff employed by Inishturk Community Club CLG and enter weekly on the CollSoft Payroll.
- Prepare P30’s for revenue and manage account transfers for PAYE/PRSI from each designated bank account.
- Work with the coordinator on fundraising initiatives.
- Ambitious and hardworking with the ability to communicate effectively and assertively.
- Demonstrate confidence building strong relationships as you'll be dealing with a variety of people at different levels across our business as well as external suppliers.
- Highly numerate and analytical.
- IT skills should include strong fluency in QuickBooks, CollSoft, and Excel.
- Have a degree in finance or a related field, such as accounting.
- Capability to manage and prioritise the finance functions workload to meet the deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to provide direction.
- Experience in a non for profit is desirable.
- Have work experience as an Administrator, Finance Assistant, Account Administrator, or similar role.
- Good knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures.
- Possess organisation and time-management skills
- Excellent attention to detail, with an ability to spot numerical errors
- Able to speak, read and write English to IELTS Level 8 (Expert User)
Apply by email to email@example.com with a copy of your CV and cover letter, including reference contact details.
Closing Date: Friday 10th July 2020 .
Start Date: Immediate